S&P futures

<p>Well, the S&P Sept futures are down about 30 points and the Nasdaq futures are down about 50 as I write this....Sometimes..by the ny opening the futures prices are vastly different. Right now the futures are down less than 3%. </p>

<p>And I see free markets at work as ECB is expected to buy Italian bonds and other country bonds.</p>

<p>And I saw another thread here titled, "Have you planned your funeral?". What an omen. :-)</p>

<p>Should be a fun day in the markets.</p>

<p>I see that gold is up $40 this evening.</p>

<p>I believe 1172 is the support level. It jumped down there immediately. If it breaks that, it could go really really crazy.</p>

<p>Yeah...I left that gold info out on purpose. :)</p>

<p>Oil is down about 2.75 a barrel....</p>

<p>I was with my wife at WalMart and she was looking in the frozen fish section. They had beautifully packaged perch, cod, haddock, tilapia, shia (no clue what that is), flounder and salmon. We were curious about where the fish was from because the price was very good.</p>

<p>They were all from China.</p>

<p>No wonder we can't generate jobs.</p>

<p>US exports millions of chopsticks to China........ :-)</p>

<p>A shortage of chopsticks in China has become so acute that a US company has begun exporting millions of pairs to the country.</p>

<p>US</a> exports millions of chopsticks to China - Telegraph</p>

<p>Hmmm Chinese fish...what we don't have any oceans or waterways near us?</p>

<p>Bonds are only down about 6 ticks...</p>

<p>1169 and dropping.<br>
It was at 1161 earlier.</p>

<p>Can someone explain this to me? Gold is supposed to be an inflation hedge, but there is no inflation according to Bernake even though we are printing money like crazy. Gold trades inversely with the dollar and the dollar is supposed to get stronger. Yet gold is going through the roof. Bubble or genius?</p>

<p>Razorsharp..where are you getting your quotes?</p>

<p>On the back of a dollar bill, it says "In God We Trust". It is a crisis of this implied trust on the US currency that propelled gold.</p>

<p>Interactive brokers. September 11 emini S&P. Globex exchange</p>

<p>Real time?</p>

<p>I can't get futures quotes at schwab...</p>

<p>yes, they are real time.</p>

<p>I just bought at 1169. fingers crossed</p>

<p>Nice..........</p>

<p>Good luck.....</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Asia is generating a deflationary effect while Central Bankers are attempting to create some inflation as deflation is very bad for those in debt (that would be us). The current bump in gold prices appears to be coming from Central Banks looking to hedge their exposure to the US dollar. The Euro has problems, China has problems, Japan regularly devalues, etc. Gold doesn't have that problem but there isn't enough of it to be a reserve currency. There are stable countries with stable currencies but their economies aren't big enough to act as a reserve currency.</p>

<p>If gold is supposed to be a hedge against a weak US dollar why are all the sellers of gold taking US dollars back?</p>

<p>BCEagle91, My dad loves that stuff....</p>

<p>It's at 1173. I'm out for some quick pocket change. I suspect 1161 will hold at least until the big boys and girls in nyc get to the office in the a.m.</p>

<p>interactive brokers has extremely low commissions but their user interface is not very good.</p>

<p>gold and central bankers seems like an logical explanation.</p>

<p>That's a nice little profit...</p>