SAT 2 Scores

<p>So the SAT 2 scores for June just came out and I was wondering if mine were acceptable or if I should retake them to try to get 800's?</p>

<p>Math 2- 790
Chem- 790</p>

<p>where did u find results?</p>

<p>In my opinion, as an accepted student, retaking them would be a waste of time. It is unnecessary, but do what you want.</p>

<p>I am not a Harvard admissions officer, or any sort of admissions officer. I do know admissions officers -- not at Harvard, but at places not so different -- and I think they are not so different from me in terms of culture. But they are probably more tolerant than I am, which matters to what I am about to say:</p>

<p>If I were an admissions officer, and I found out that someone had re-taken an SAT II on which he had received 750 or higher, that would come close to disqualifying the student for admission. It would be a huge negative, even if somehow the student had gotten 820 on the re-take. To me, it shows screwed-up values and a willingness to engage in a colossal waste of time for ephemeral personal aggrandizement. If you don't have something better to do, you have a problem . . . and "something better to do" includes napping. Or staring off into space and playing with yourself -- an activity that is just about as socially productive as re-taking an SAT II, but a lot cheaper.</p>

<p>I have the same attitude about re-taking any standardized test after a high score, although I would probably give people a pass on taking the SAT I or ACT twice, no matter how high the first score was.</p>

<p>You're kidding, right? That would be a colossal waste of time. On the other hand, taking a subject test in something history or language might be a good idea.</p>

<p>Would admissions officers ever find out you retook? I thought that subject tests were either self reported or you send in which ever scores you want.</p>

<p>No, don't bother. They don't care about the 10 points - really! But as @exultationsy said, take your 3rd in another kind of concentration (English, History, etc.)</p>