Sat-act

<p>So I know these tests are totally diff. and some ppl do better on one than the other. But in general, how do the scores compare? If someone gets 32-33 on the ACT, what kind of SAT score should they expect if they put a decent amount of studying and prep. Including the prep. that they had from the ACT as well.</p>

<p>bump</p>

<p>I'll apologize beforehand if this question annoys anyone.</p>

<p>It really depends on the person. ACT is only hard because you have to work fast, but the questions are not as difficult as the questions on the SAT in my opinion. The first time I took ACT I got a 33 composite, while the first time I took the SAT I received a 2020.</p>

<p>According to the conversion chart, a 33 converts to about a 2190 on the SAT, but I really think it's like comparing apples to oranges.</p>

<p>I mean, I got 27 on the ACT, but got 2380 on the SAT.</p>

<p>nuff said.</p>

<p>Here is one of many concordance charts:
SAT-ACT</a> Conversion chart</p>

<p>D's experience was the opposite of Korean's. She had a 2080 on the SAT and a 35 on the ACT. What is also interesting is she spent months prepping for the SAT and took the ACT's months later with almost no test specific prep.</p>

<p>The usual rule of thumb for the tests is that for most people the scores on the SAT and ACT will end up pretty much equivalent. Then there is a small percentage that does better on one or the other. You won't know in advance whether you are a "same", a "better on the SAT", or a "better on the ACT". Good luck. It is always worth a shot.</p>