SAT Essay

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>Should I use examples when writing an essay because I have memorized over 5 biography of multiple people this month with its grammar should,so when I am writing I would just tweak them little bit to match the essay subject plus my own writing.</p>

<p>This way it would not make me lose time doing my own writing,but is this a good way because I am really stuck of getting 8 in my essay I want to get 12 in my essay.</p>

<p>Being able to quickly recall details regarding the lives and achievements a handful of interesting accomplished people is a great help for SAT essays. But re-purposing a generic biography of them in the actual essay is likely to lead to still another "8" and possibly less if they do not serve as good examples for the essay thesis and your argument.</p>

<p>What do you mean by tweaking? If you mean altering some facts then... well unless it's someone famous it's probably OK. I say it's OK because a lot of other people make things up in their essays that the scorers don't know about. Usually it's personal life (people make up events/people in their lives to fit the prompt) but because yours is someone other than you, I would advice not to do in case, by some chance, your reader knows who you're talking about. And if the scorer sees you got all the facts wrong, that would hurt your score.</p>

<p>If you mean by looking at a particular instance in the person's life in a new perspective by all means go for it. Scorers are looking for originality given the time period and they would love to see someone look at something with a new perspective, which doesn't really happen often.</p>

<p>Be wary for making the mistake of doing nothing but summarizing the person's life in your essay. A little bit of background information is good but if your entire body paragraph is all about summarizing and you have one sentence about how this relates to your topic, then you should change it somehow.</p>

<p>If you want a good essay score, check out the thread <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/645763-how-write-12-essay-just-10-days.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/645763-how-write-12-essay-just-10-days.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>