SAT I vs SAT II? which is more important?

<p>I got a 2020 on my SAT I
and 600 for Biology SAT II, 620 for US History SAT II.</p>

<p>I only have one more opportunity to retake this october. </p>

<p>Should I retake my SAT I or SAT IIs to get higher scores?</p>

<p>which is more important?</p>

<p>thanks so much in advance for your answers!</p>

<p>SAT I is much more important. Those SAT II scores are really low though, what schools are you applying to?</p>

<p>I'm applying to all the UCs and NYU as well as USC.</p>

<p>should I keep my SAT I score and retake the SAT IIs?</p>

<p>I am actually in the same situation, I got about a 2000 on SAT I which I want to retake and really need to retake at least one SAT Subject test. I was thinking of taking one of these in October, and the other one in November. Do you plan on applying Early Decision or Early Action to any of these colleges?</p>

<p>I might apply early decision to UCSD... what about you?
I dont think UCs accept scores in November so I really dont know what to do :"(</p>

<p>Do you mean they flat out will not accept them, or the scores wont get back in time. If its flat out then I'm probably in some serious trouble with my plan, though I live in CT. If flat out not accepting them, do you know where I can check this? Another option I was considering was maybe trying to see if I could take the ACT, which is offered in september, then my subject tests in October. I am not sure how I would do on the ACT but I could take a practice test to see, some of my friends had the same scores and did much better on the ACT.
So I recommend you see if the ACT could be a substitute for you, which is what I am doing, also please tell how you found out that your schools dont accept scores from October tests.</p>

<p>wait sorry I mean that they WILL accept scores from october but might not for november, since the apps for UCs are due in the beginning of november. ok I might try to take a ACT test and see. thanks for the advice!</p>

<p>no problem, so you mean regular decision for you is earlier than January 1 for California schools?</p>

<p>I applied ED somewhere and was allowed to send my November scores. Just contact the admissions office and ask.</p>

<p>oh gosh, definitely earlier than that!</p>