SAT II Math IC and Writing

<p>Do we really have to study for these two tests?</p>

<p>It would most likely help.</p>

<p>Take a practice test for each and see how you like your score. If you're happy, no studying.</p>

<p>Another question... Is it wise to review the 1995 version of these tests because thats what my school media center has. I will check the the public library but have the tests changed significantly?</p>

<p>I think that the 1995 version of the test is probably a bit outdated. You could still use it if that's the only resource that you have. You could also try searching for test-prep on-line.</p>

<p>I'm not sure why so many students spend 50+ hours studying for the SAT I, yet think that they can score 800s on the SAT IIs by taking them cold. As with any test, preparation for the SAT IIs can definitely improve your score. If you're only aiming for 600 or so, perhaps you can get away with no studying. If you want a top score (700+), I would recommend at least some review and practice. Lindsey has the best advice: take a practice test (preferably from Real SAT IIs), and see how you do. If you like what you have, then you might be done. If you don't, go hit the books.</p>

<p>I would definitely practice writing the essay, just to pace yourself in terms of time and space.</p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback. Are there any preps online?</p>

<p>The Sparknotes tests are free online. There's a small fee for the practice tests.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.sparknotes.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.sparknotes.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>