Hi. We are a bit confused and not sure what to do? My son is a Junior, 4.4 G.P.A., most difficult courses offered at his school; A.P. Eng/A.P. B.C. Calc, A.P. Physics C, Honors History…and got a 1550 on S.A.T. Pretty sure he’ll get 4/5’s on A.P.'s
But, way back in 9th grade, GD, Dean, etc… told him to take Bio in 9th, Astronomy in 10th, A.P. Physics in 11th, and Chem in 12th.
What they didn’t tell him; Caltech, H. Mudd, etc…want 2 subject tests; math and a hard Science. His friends in other schools all took Chem in 10th and took that subj, but he won’t take it until Senior year and that would be too late. Apparently, the A.P. Physics course only covers 40% of the Physics Subj. II. Does he really really need to study all summer for the other 60% of the Subj. II Physics test?
What about the U.C.'s Engineering dept.'s that “recommend 2” subj’s? Or, Stanford that they “consider?”
Or, USC/U. Santa Clara privates? Is it worse to NOT take it, or not do so well, or…?
Any advice? We thought he was done with testing!