SAT Math, error in the gruber's book?

<p>"The l-length of the segment from point A to B is B-A"</p>

<p><------R-----S----(-4)---T-------U-------V----> (This is an attempt at a line segment)</p>

<p>Of all segments beginning at -4 and ending at one of the integers indicated above on the number line, which segment has the l-length?</p>

<p>A) R
B) S
C) T
D) U
E) V</p>

<p>Answer = R</p>

<p>The explanation given in the gruber's book says that since the l-length of R must be the smallest, (since the l-length is R+4 and R is the smallest integer) the book claims that R is the L-lenght. </p>

<p>The issue I have with this is that the question never asked for the smallest l-length, it just said l-lenght. Am I missing something here?</p>

<p>MasterYster, i have the gruber book, and honestly I am not surprised that they didn't say smallest. It isn't probably something that you are missing, it was just a typo in the book. When I began taking the tests in the book, sometimes the there was just the questions that was supposed to have a picture and never did, so I would reccommend using a more trustworthy book like the BB.</p>

<p>Thanks thats what I thought. I'm saving my BB tests for right before the PSATs. Till then I am using these workbooks</p>

<p>I have your SAT 2012 book, Dr. Gruber, and it does say "least" length on the problem mentioned above, which of course means "smallest." However, in your Math WorkBook for the SAT-first edition, the word "least" was left out. Thank you for clearing up meaning in the choices though. I love your books and have increased my score by 320 points using them. I am taking the exam again hoping to get a near perfect score and of course I am using your books.
Peter Craft</p>