SAT writing

<p>Does WashU look at SAT writing scores? Also is ED2 still an option? If it is, is olin or CAS easier to get into?</p>

<p>Since no one else is here answering your questions, here's my shot at them:</p>

<ol>
<li>According to their website, WashU uses the SAT Writing. But if you take the ACT, the writing is optional. Tells you something, doesn't it?
[quote]
What standardized test scores does Washington University accept?
We accept the following standardized tests:
</li>
</ol>

<p>SAT Test (includes a writing test)
ACT Test (with the optional writing section)
ACT Test (without the writing section)
We do not require the writing test if you submit ACT Scores.
We do not have a preference for either the SAT or the ACT. Test results from any of your high school years are acceptable, though we encourage senior-year testing. Consideration will only be given to the highest individual scores, whenever they occurred.

[/quote]

1. WashU does not offer ED2. That's often used at LAC, not large national research universities.
  2. Regarding your question about Olin or CAS, don't go there. Choose a particular college because that's what interests you. Don't try to play a game by applying to one vs another in order to increase your odds. [quote] Which college or school at Washington University will offer me the best chance of admission? Washington University offers students admission based on their academic interests, high school transcript, test scores, personal essay, recommendations, and extracurricular activities. While overall admission percentages may vary somewhat from year to year, there is virtually no difference in the annual admission percentages (“admit rates”) by school at Washington University. We encourage you to apply to the school that offers courses and majors in which you are most interested at the time you apply.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>WashU had ED2 until about 5 years ago, but then dropped it so now there's only one round.
Like a number of schools, they might note that the SAT has a writing section, and might even give median scores of their accepted applicants, but I believe that it is the M and CR scores which count.</p>