Satisfying a GE requirement at a commuinty college

<p>I'll be attending the UCLA College of Letter and Sciences in the fall, and I'd like to spend the summer attending classes. I'm curious to know if a 3-unit "Introduction to sociology" course is worth taking at a local community college to satisfy a small portion of the "Foundations of Society and Culture" curriculum (<a href=""&gt;;/a&gt;). The link suggests that 15 units are necessary to satisfy this specific foundation area, and the sociology course is only 3 units. Will the course transfer to UCLA, and will be be counted as a 3-unit course there also? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!</p>

<p>that area for 15 units is 3 classes (5 units each). CC classes are normally on semester scale. 3 units semester x 1.5 = 4.5 units quarter. A GE is typically 5 units, and if you petition they willl waive off the extra 0.5 you need (they did it for me when I did this). i</p>

<p>Thus you will have completed one GE req</p>

<p>Contact UCLA and see if they have an articulation agreement with your CC. That way you know exactly which courses UCLA will give credit for. </p>

<p>Here's a start: Articulation</a> Agreements</p>

<p>aa6590: Thank you for the clarification! For future reference, how did you go about the petitioning process?</p>

<p>VTECaddict: Thank you for your response. The community college that I have in mind is not on the list, but I'll be sure to contact someone to verify that the sociology class will transfer to UCLA.</p>