The waste at move out is always staggering. Perfectly good furniture, rugs, etc…in the dumpster. Sell it, donate it, give it to an underclassman, or put it up for free on Nextdoor/Marketplace.
If the A/C is out, could you not take her someplace with A/C? For an hour? I get that she can’t do the stairs at your house – I mean, none of us can, they are epic – but McDonald’s is across the street. A drive in your car , also easy. Sometimes I bite my tongue right off.
Planning a family meetup between us parents and both of my kids is somewhere between herding cats and reinventing the wheel.
Between jobs, schedules, kids, wanting to bring the dog, even finding a Airbnb somewhere near them is a chore.
I read a Reddit post where the mom was pleading, why is this so hard, I’m paying! And the poster who said boomers are so difficult, why do they want us to take trips with them!
My daughter called on Wed. She was at the dog park but asked me if I could go to the bank (still uses the same one since when she was a child) and get cash to pay a contractor at her house as she was headed out of town and didn’t make it to the bank before it closed. I did that and dropped it at her house, so I’ve seen her husband and her dogs, but not her. I won’t see her until July as she is OOT now, heading to Hawaii on Thurs, then back but then going away for the following weekend with my other daughter.
From time to time I read something and it makes me realize D never had a chance.
One of life’s great mysteries solved, there are reasons McDonald’s Diet Coke tastes better ![]()
From the early days, McDonald’s wanted a Coke poured from its fountain to taste better and fresher than anywhere else, even if competitors also sold Coke.
So McDonald’s took unusual measures, particularly for something whose recipe is one the most famous secrets. McDonald’s franchisees installed filtration equipment to ensure the cleanest, crispiest flavor. Soda syrup and carbonated water were kept just above freezing to trap more carbon dioxide and increase the fizz. McDonald’s frequently calibrates its machines to ensure the right amount of Coke syrup concentrate in its sodas to help retain their flavor even after ice cubes melted in the drinks.
Coke instructed its technicians to conduct regular quality reviews of McDonald’s equipment, scrutinizing everything from temperature to carbonation levels. They delivered Coke syrup in 75 gallon stainless steel barrels on trucks, pumped directly into McDonald’s restaurants through hoses to guarantee freshness.
You are a dear friend and I love to see your FB posts, but most folks are not going to be able to look at almost 200 posted photos!
You said you want to be needed. We all do. But with all the kindness I can muster, you would not be who I need in an emergency.
We appreciate you pointing out that our little wind-up compact car is missing a hub cap. However, you said that you don’t have a working kitchen sink at your house and you admittedly haven’t fixed it in months…to the point where you’re washing your dishes in an outdoor sink outside. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses… ![]()
Today is the last day to comment on theproposed Triumphal Arch at Memorial Circle.
I’ve already listed my objections to it with National Park Service.
Brix the cat MUST recover. Bunsen, Beaker and Bernoulli need him. We all need him. He’s a bright spot on bad days. I should add that I only know Brix and his family from Instagram but they’re one of the good parts of social media.
Insurance companies deserve their reputation.
When your 2 older kids were students here, all you did was complain about how terrible our school was and that they were not getting what they needed from us. You left at the end of the 2023-2024 school year. We were so happy. WHY OH WHY are you now sending your youngest to us this coming fall???
I am really enjoying the videos from World Cup tourists being surprised by how wonderful our country is. Great press and boost for US tourism!
Reminder that this is a no response thread, and political comments are not permitted.
I really hope you are not doing something stupid and ruining a good relationship.
This is why we Americans need MORE interactions with people from other countries, not fewer. One world.
I support print journalism. But every time I get a bill, I need to call and get it changed. Why can’t you get this right. I’ve gotten your paper every.single.day for over 30 years.