Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

Wow, Plow Guy, you really are clueless. When I asked if you could show that you had adequate insurance, you said your “insurance adjuster” said you were covered. When I then asked if I could talk to this person, you said, “No, he won’t do that because you’re not on the policy.” ?? I already knew you had nothing more than personal auto insurance, so I tried to explain that you need more protection, and as a road association, we need to make sure you have adequate coverage or we could get sued. You went ballistic and said it was “nonsense.” Then you said you’d never “seen so much BS” as on our street (well, that’s kind of true…) so you were done with us. Alrighty then, good luck! You’d better hope you never hit a UPS truck or make somebody jump off the road to avoid you (as happened on our street this winter). Sigh. It’s too bad, because you did a good job and I liked you.

Now on to my next task, trying to diplomatically ask a perpetually-absent Board member if she will step down. What fun I’m having! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I tried to ( and did ) help. I refuse to be sucked into this manufactured drama.

7 Likes

I can’t stand grocery shopping anymore. The prices keep going up & up. The produce quality keeps going down. I find myself saying no to things I never hesitated to buy.

15 Likes

Dear friend,

You sound insane and all over the place. What you are saying makes no sense whatsoever.

In good news, this is about sports so it’s not a matter of life and death. :rofl: But it’s still highly annoying.

2 Likes

And once again ,our city is in the news (national) for a shooting - multiple people, at a traditional local festival , daytime.

WHHHYYYY?!

23 Likes

Years ago my fresh out of college daughter wanted a new Subaru. DW and I were on a road trip, with plenty of time on our hands, so DW called every Subaru dealer in the metropolitan area for price quotes. One dealership was significantly lower than all the others, as in THOUSANDS less.

We had them email a written quote.

My daughter went in the next day to buy the car and they tried every game in the book with her.

That price was only good with a trade in (where they price the trade in ridiculously low), or that price assumed she qualified for both loyalty and military discounts, etc., and that all their advertisements carry a disclaimer stating these things (which didn’t apply in this case because we hadn’t seen any ads, just called in for a price.)

She’d made he mistake of going in after work but before she’d eaten, so she was hungry, grumpy, irritable, and impatient.

She almost gave in to their demands, but thankfully called me first.

I pleaded with her to walk out; begrudgingly she did.

The next morning I went into protective dad mode. This was part of a large family of dealerships, with a huge market presence in a large city.

I called and asked for the owner, whose name was on the dealership, but he was out of town. I was directed to the general manager overseeing all the dealerships.

I explained the situation and he promptly agreed to honor the quoted price.

It was bittersweet for both my daughter and me. We were happy she was able to save thousands, but sad that her dad had to be the savior.

In the end she learned a valuable lesson; car dealers will do anything they can to extract every last penny from you.

13 Likes

Sometimes, I find watching millennials’ parenting techniques….. Exhausting.

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

16 Likes

I have no sympathy for your crying about the property taxes getting too high for seniors due to the 2 1/2 override when

  • you didn’t show up to fight the issuing of a charter to the school that is bankrupting the school system.

  • I don’t see your face at any of the meetings about the mismanagement of the budget at town hall.

  • You’ve never run for a town position or served on any committees.

  • You call the people that have done all of these things, often taking hundreds of hours a year out of their time, selfish. Despite the fact that they warned you that this is what it was leading to.

    Oh, and you also happen to be a mean SOB who thinks everyone has to follow the rules (or should I say anyone that is brown or speaks with an accent) but you. I see you with your unleashed dog at the reservoir all the time. And you are a disgusting, sweaty, overweight old man. Put your shirt back on.

16 Likes

Why are cell phone plans so hard to compare and why do they cost so much and how do I even know if I am overpaying or not? I feel stupid.

3 Likes

I’m having such fun!

7 Likes

When we checked into our hotel, there were two buses in the lot. I asked if they were kids and when they said yes, I specifically asked if we could be away from them. One lady said to the other to put us on the 3rd floor. When ours said 2nd, I asked and she said the group was on the first floor.

We get back from dinner/strolling through Williamsburg and get to our floor, and they are literally 6 teenagers outside our door screeching and giggling and beating on their friends’ doors. H asked if they were staying they and they said yes but they’d be quiet. For all about 3 minutes.

H called the front desk who tried to tell him it wasn’t a group but a family, but they would send security. They did and it was quiet for about 10 minutes. Out they all come out of their rooms running up and down the halls beating on each others’ door. We’ve got a long day tomorrow. I got this room so we wouldn’t have to drive both ways tomorrow and we would be more well rested.

I called the front desk and told them this was not a family. And to their credit, they moved us to the 3rd floor and on a King suite. It’s a holiday inn express, so no luxury or anything but I am thankful. It’s been quiet for the last 15 minutes. Crossing fingers it lasts.

Signed - grouchy old lady

24 Likes

OMG. I found the most perfectest piece to blast in the yard when the neighbors’ dog starts barking non-stop for no good reason. Hehehehehe…

(Bla-bla-bla is timeless for the purpose :laughing: :smiling_face_with_horns: .)

8 Likes

For the anniversary of D-Day this weekend, I watched Saving Private Ryan. Last month we were at Omaha Beach and the Normandy American Cemetery which was used to film the beginning and the end of the movie.

Gotta tell ya, at the end of the film, I had tears in my eyes. Watching this movie was more visceral than it ever was before

15 Likes

Yay, the D of a neighbor who moved into her deceased dad’s house after he passed away last summer finally got physically evicted. She announced to everyone when she moved in that she had no intention of paying the mortgage and would be staying until she got evicted. The house was foreclosed on & sold at a sheriff’s auction earlier this year. The place is a shambles, and our fingers are crossed that it will look much better soon.

16 Likes

You only eat chicken from France or Switzerland?!! My chicken parmesan was fantastic, with a 4.9 rating on allrecipes.com, so your loss.

7 Likes

Happy 3rd anniversary to my wonderful husband. Growing alongside you has been the greatest privilege of my life, and I love how our story keeps evolving.

Te amo tanto.

34 Likes

No idea why when I put the word “ Vacuum” on my calendar it keeps changing it to “ bacon”! Though I do prefer the latter.

22 Likes

Thank you FIFA! We’ve been sold out at work every day this week. “Sold out,” in this context, means we don’t have enough drivers and tractor trailers to get all of the beer and spirits out during a normal shift. We have several second loads going out late every day. What a way to end Q2 business!

14 Likes

I was recently at a Starbucks in a small college town on graduation day. (I was visiting relatives). There were about 8 Tesla charging spaces and non-tesla-owners were filling those spaces to get their coffee fix. (I was one of them in my CRV!)

I heard lots of yelling, but ignored it. Later, when the crowds were gone I returned for a snack box. I got into a conversation with the manager who exclaimed that the Tesla owners come barging in expecting the Starbucks employees to call the police for them (nope).

There are no signs saying “Tesla parking only”.

I was amused.

//////////////////

Edited to add: I’ve checked the NYS code and without a sign there was no restriction on who could park in those spaces. I wasn’t evading a law; without the sign there’s no application of a law. Further it was on private property and the business is not required to post a sign.

I’m a pretty good rule follower, and I’ll happily follow posted signs.

9 Likes

Yep, it’s always about what you want. Even after I’ve made all the plans. You’d think I’d know by now.

7 Likes