Dear bike tour company - I’m not sure why our tickets have the wrong seat numbers on them, after I called the airline to get better seats and informed you of that. I had to call the airline and confirm (again) that we will have the seats their site shows, and not what your tickets show. UGH, airline travel is stressful enough without issues like this!
I was fabulously disappointed by a comic I saw tonight. I did not get up and walk out, but I did not laugh or crack a smile … and I laugh at pretty much everything. I support the right of a comic to say what they want. But I absolutely will not ever go to a show with him on the bill again.
USAA you have royally screwed up the new checking account and autopay format! I’ve double paid 2 bills and missed one….FIX IT!!!
Wow.
I have to say I am so impressed with my surgeon’s genuine caring and concern. She called me this morning to ask if I had any last minute questions or concerns about tomorrow’s procedure. She also asked if she could call my physician daughter–the one who would be picking me up after surgery–so she could talk with her and answer any of her questions or concerns about my surgery. After they talked, the surgeon gave D her personal cell phone number to call in case there are any medical issues after I come home from the hospital.
I’m a member of a volunteer organization that, among other things, monitors the local beaches for changes over time. We have 20 years of data from more than 20 beaches in our area, where every year we get down on our hands and knees to count starfish, clams, and other life forms.
Today I asked what we do with the data and what we’ve learned over the last 20 years.
The answer: Someone has entered the information into a database but nobody’s ever analyzed it.
Has it never occurred to anyone that data collection without analysis is the ultimate waste of time?
I’m going to enlist my kids’ help with writing a program to find some meaning in this data.
You can’t see the lake from the deck like we could 40 years ago. We are not cutting down the white pines that are holding the bank in place, whether or not you think that’s okay. Tell your appropriative wife to take one of her 200 lounge chairs down to the water and sit there.
INteresting how she loves it there now, without Dad to be in her way for improving things. Also, who invites themself to their kid’s vacation? Shame on nephew for not telling his mother Nope, you can’t surprise us with a weeklong visit. yeesh.
Saw a reel of a woman starting her third chapter as she called it. And it was going to be about her. I’m ready for that phase. Until then I’m trying to motivate myself to do some of the things I would do if I was on my own.
Had a great visit with GS, then got Noro 2 days ago the moment after we drove home from a 12 hour drive. Yea I got it from him. But we thought his contagious period was over. Held up in guest bedroom for 2 more days to try to prevent H from getting it, too. Maybe wishful thinking. On the good news, our puppy 10 weeks old who I plan on training as a therapy dog, got its first dog ears when GS 1.5 yrs read a book to her. So cute!
It’s kind of creepy passing the local Amazon distribution center. The drones flying around the parking lot are a bit dystopian.
My cup of coffee tastes sooo good. Had a fasting blood draw appointment at 10:30 am. It was a very long morning.
I went into the jewelry store today at lunch to drop off the Citizen dive watch I bought 30 years ago, just before our wedding, to go diving on our honeymoon with. It’s been dead for a decade, sitting in the back of my safe. I thought it would be fun to resurrect it for our 30th anniversary.
The jeweler was having a 15% off sale.
I paid $65 to have them replace the battery and $XXXX for a 30th anniversary Longines watch for me, plus a 30th anniversary Mikimoto diamond and pearl pendant necklace for my wife.
What just happened….LOL.
Today is definitely Wacky Wednesday. In addition to my missing co-worker (now OK)… I went outside to walk around my building and apparently there’s a new amazon driver. They left 2 padded envelopes just sitting outside the top of the steps of a locked door instead of at the front door with the sheriff. It’s a public building with people constantly going in/out of that door, not to mention it catches a lot of wind up there. They could have easily blown away.
But in weirder news. My co-worker (the one with the missing supervisor) was walking into work this morning - he comes in a different door than the rest of us - and noticed there was a bullet hole in our building…
A local painter murdered someone and had the body on his property. On Monday, after showing his friend the body, the painter left for an appointment to give an estimate . . . WITH ME! I, helpfully, noticed nothing amiss.
The friend went immediately to the police, who arrested the painter on his return home, that same day.
I have already been interviewed by the state police.
So mad. Super duper (according to website) VRBO host cancelled on me (was for tomorrow!) because his listing says swimming pool. I asked about it to be sure after booking and he said it’s a public community pool down the street and that’s made clear in the listing. I said it’s not clear but that’s okay.
I figured I can’t be THAT blind so I discovered he has a second listing for the same property (different apartment) which DOES say it’s a community pool. Mystery solved.
I mentioned that he might want to go back and recheck his listings (shoulda kept my mouth shut but thought he should know for future). And again, that it didn’t matter to me but thought he should be aware. He said all his listings are synced so they had to right and I was wrong. Huh?
He cancelled me for being “problematic”.
I told him I did him a favor (if he wasn’t so arrogant he’d realize that). Yes, I get total refund (had to call to make sure) but now I get to start over.
Hoping karma sucks for him.
I do feel better typing this out…but still hope karma gets him. Or maybe it’s working out better for me in the long run.
I am a part of a number of volunteer organizations and that’s not the issue.
One of my volunteer positions has been keeping me awake at night. I have to make a very expensive decision that will adversely affect several parties.
I spoke with my physician.
I didn’t tell him the particulars because I can’t, but he said “For as long as I’ve known you, you have a high fairness code. Use it to make your decision”.
What saddens me is that our moral code has gone so wacko that I can’t explain this to some people. They don’t get it: Be kind, be nice and be respectful. Why is this concept so hard?
I’m dog sitting D’s dog. We went for a walk after dinner and returned 45 minutes ago. Since then he has Not. Stopped. Barking.
Never did this before. No idea.
When your music is turned up so high that I can clearly hear your GPS directions as you drive by my house, it is too loud.

