Really, lady. You let the people out of the elevator before pushing your big old stroller on to it.
I have worked with High Senior Interns for many years now. It is a short gig, the last month of school after APs and before graduation. These 2 this year are absolutely the worst I have ever had to deal with. They cannot follow any directions, spend so much time doing very simple tasks, and are really frustrating me.
Just want to give kudos to the state psychiatric hospital. I’m on its Board and so impressed with the facility. Their employee turnover rate is under 1%. Every employee I’ve spoken to tells me how much they like working there, without my asking! They helped my son tremendously - he speaks highly of them, too! All my preconceptions of state hospitals were incorrect, at least in Maine.
5 minutes into Wanda Sykes’ new special (Legacy) on Netflix and I’m laughing so hard! She has a way of delivering that is unsurpassed.
(not for the faint of heart or the easily offended)
I’d love for someone to take care of me for one day. Just one day.
I swear that deleting emails feels like a part time job. So. Many. Junk. Emails!
Protip: google mail gives the option to unsubscribe and many times will do so without my having to open the email before deleting it.
Dang. Looks like Roku kaput. RIP, little stick.
My daughter’s friends are growing up - another one pregnant, one getting divorced - I guess that means she is growing up also? Hard to believe - just yesterday she was a baby!
Ugh! I got a phone call from a local but unfamiliar number while driving home from the grocery store. I made the mistake of answering expecting an employee of the hospital/surgeon’s office/anesthesiologist’s office/pharmacy about my upcoming surgery… it was Optum instead
I told the woman on the line I was driving and to make it fast. She started to give the sales spiel for a home healthcare visit. I said no, but she continued, asking why. I told I don’t need one, I live with a doctor, and I see my own personal physicians regularly. But she continue to push. I tersely told her I was driving and didn’t have time for this but she insisted that since I answered her call I needed to continue the conversation. What the heck! I hung up right there.
I don’t care if I was rude. I don’t have to talk to anyone I don’t want to.
Yes, ticks are really bad this year. I’ve never seen one on myself until last week, when I was bitten. But no, Bill Gates and his minions are not dropping off boxes of ticks all over the place. Sheesh, people.
Watching those kids spell such difficult words so quickly in the Scripps Spelling Bee spell-off was amazing. Just wow!
During your job interview, you claimed you were unfairly fired for sexual harassment and that we better hire you quickly, because you have two other job offers. So glad we didn’t because after six weeks, your linkedin hasn’t changed.
I have a 20 something young woman working for me. Today she didn’t come to any of our meetings. I tried to text and call her on her personal phone with no success. It was so unlike her that I contacted HR to call her emergency contact. It turned out that she didn’t list anyone as her emergency contact.
I tried to get her address online, but nothing showed up. I happened to remember where her sister went to school. Through some sleuthing I was able to get her sister’s email. I took a chance of contacting her. Luckily it was the right email and her sister reached out to a local friend in NYC to check up on her. It turned out she was in an emergency room because she had passed out. Her family was very grateful that I was able to contact them.
If you have any young adult living by him/herself, make sure they list their emergency contact(s) at work. It is the most likely place shere he/she would be missed if he/she didn’t show up. Every minute counts when there is an emergency. My mind did go to to a lot of bad places.
2 posts were split to a new thread: Emergency Contact Information
As this is a no response thread, please use the new thread about emergency contacts if you’d like to further discuss. TIA!
Does everything have to become a competition?
Some people struggle with alcoholism. My mom didn’t struggle, she embraced it. The rest of us struggled. My younger brother got the worst of it and will never recover from the damage.
What a joy! Last night I had a date…with myself! I went to see the touring company of Hell’s Kitchen in Los Angeles. It opened a few nights ago. It was absolutely out of this world good! There were moments where the audience was on its feet cheering and others where we were crying our eyes out (myself included)!
The show is loosely based on Alicia Keys’ coming of age, in the show she’s 17, and not yet the profound musician she is today, but certainly on her way. The young actress (Maya Drake) who played the lead makes her professional debut in this role (just barely out of high school!) and blew the house down!
I see it’s got numerous dates coming up around the states, if you like musical theater, based on real people, I give this one 2 thumbs all the way up! Just go. You can thank me later. Hell’s Kitchen Tour – Home | Official Site
Yeah, no. Sometimes it’s not about you.