Seriously, AT&T?!?! AT&T tried to charge me $12 international day plan because apparently my phone picked up a Canadian network when I was on Whidbey Island. And then claimed it was valid but as a “courtesy” would remove the charge.
And please stop trying to upsell me when I just want you to correct your error.
Upon checking here. I understand that you were close to Victoria Canada and you were charged for international day pass of $12. Please know that accidental and fringe roaming can occur near the Canada border, causing IDP charges even if you were in the U.S. This happens when your phone connects to a Canadian network due to overlapping coverage.
The charge is valid and are not waived but since you have me here, as one time courtesy I will take care of the $12 credit for you, sounds good?
Since you had to go into the program to switch the scale of the y axis to make the data look better than it was, I’m assuming you know it did not look good. Which is surprising given how you presented it in the meeting.
For the past several years, I have worked with HS seniors who do an internship with my company. These are top students, you don’t get to do this if you aren’t. Every year after 1 day I say the same 2 things - they don’t follow instructions and their grammar skills are horrible!
I was passed today by an incredibly beautiful Ferrari. As it pulled in front of me, I noted that the vanity license plate was HERGIFT. I am torn between being perturbed because the misogynistic so-and-so who gave it to her felt the need to advertise to the world that she was GIVEN that car … and feeling jealous because DANG that car was nice enough that I might cut the misogynist a little slack.
I need to stop caring so much. It is not my life but as a parent it’s pretty painful to watch.
I am done being polite when people are jerks.
I am tired of having to do all of the planning and paying.
That’s all.
I was in a long checkout line at a grocery store when they opened another register. I was next in line so I promptly went to the newly opened line. Then the woman who had been behind me in the first line cut in front of me, saying “I only have a couple items.”
I let her get away with it but found her rationalization odd, because her “couple items” were actually 13 items (yes, I counted) while I only had one item.
I was looking through old email correspondence with my mom. We wrote each other constantly and talked on the phone several times each week.
Wow, I’d forgotten how much she and my dad did to help our son when he fell ill as a college freshman in Austin. It’s made me pretty emotional. Going from their excitement for him as he started the semester to more and more concern over the next couple of months was tough to remembeer. And Mom did a lot of research into mental illness that she passed on to me. For awhile, our son was in bad physical shape and even on crutches (probably psychosomatic, actually) so my dad drove him from class to class. Dad was incredibly busy with research and his position as head of his department, too. I think I’ll call him later and tell him how much that still means to me. Ugh, getting choked up so I’d better stop writing…
OH! I forgot to add that in an email from 2009, she wrote me about small life insurance policies she’d taken out on herself, my sister, and me. She gave me all the information I need, including the policy number and her SSN. I’ve been on hold with American National for almost two hours now, to see what I need to do to file a claim. I imagine it’s my maiden name listed as a beneficiary.
I am falling in love with my husband in a new way as I watch him navigate his role as his mom’s health care proxy and financial lead. It’s bringing up all kinds of childhood dynamics with his brother and sister, and his mom. And I give him so much credit for taking it on. Being the listening ear is tiring for me sometimes as he works out the frustrations he doesn’t share with them about them ( ) but, damn, he’s a good person trying to do good things in a good way. I’m so proud to be his wife right now.
The grandkids were here for the long weekend and just left this AM. The weather sucked, we all – except the kids – got a stomach bug, and the dog was snappish toward our grandson. Next year, dog goes to stay with another family. But we really enjoyed having them all here!