Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

May grey has hit. I’m not supposed to be sitting outside in multiple layers freezing. I need sunshine!

9 Likes

Watching Eurovision part 1 semis replay. OMG so many contestants can’t sing live well. And I can’t stop singing Viva Moldova :moldova: now!!!

You are looking old and frail. I am worried again.

16 Likes

I screwed up. D26 is having a grad party that is mostly her friends. We had a separate list going for “announcement only” that were going out- these are for family (no one is local) and some old college/high school friends of ours- you know the typical people you might send a grad announcement to. Somehow, several “invites” were inserted into announcement only envelopes and now there is an unknown group of people who were invited to the party. I have no way to track who those people are. There are about 20 “missing” invites :sob: I feel like an idiot that I told D26 to wait to do them to make sure they were stuffed correctly. That’s what I get for attempting to do this after a 12 hour work day. In the grand scheme of things it shouldn’t matter that there were “extra” people invited, but depending who they are it will be very weird if they show up- and if others who were not invited get wind of it I will feel terrible. I guess I will know in a few days if I start getting random RSVP from 93 year old Uncle George in IL :face_with_peeking_eye: I am usually so on top of things so this feels extra crappy.

18 Likes

3 Likes

I am so, so, disappointed in your decision. I know you did it for the greater good, but I really hoped you could stand on principle.

5 Likes

I watched my nephews graduation virtually tonight, William and Mary. I was struck by something . The excited graduates waving EVERY TIME they saw the cameras taping for the virtual viewing. Waving. Jist like they did in kindergarten or preschool when they first started their education journey. Still smiling, still wanting to celebrate “I DID IT!”

Just a wave. But so much more meaning.

(I’ve been a mush puddle all day!) :sob:

20 Likes

Wish I could say it in person! So. Here it goes.

You are the reason the locals dislike visitors! You are not going to Maui, jerk, your next Hawaii trip is to Oahu, and you ain’t gonna be strolling on a beach throwing rocks at endangered seals… instead a judge will be throwing the book at you! Hope you get a nice big fine and some jail time, loser! :angry:

20 Likes

You have all the self-awareness of a dog…oh, never mind.

2 Likes

Another derelict boat anchored in the cove? The thing is huge, 85 years old, and given your history with the last two (!) derelict vessels you’ve had, this one won’t end up rehabbed so you can spend your remaining days as a commercial fisherman either. Here’s hoping the neighbors can use their connections to get the thing moved out before it leaks oil and destroys all the shellfish in the area. (And it’s ugly and wrecks our view.)

8 Likes

I guess we’re just not a hoot and holler family. I’m all for cheering for your graduate, but when your antics go on for the next three students walking across the stage, you’re just being jerks. And when your shrieking is so loud you are causing those sitting nearby (and not so nearby) physical discomfort, you need to re evaluated if you are at a graduation of a monster truck event. You don’t love your kid more than the rest of us. You’re just a lot louder You looked like tools.

And to the 3 female members of whatever athletic team you are on that came to cheer for anyone with a name you recognized as an athlete, please let me know where your parents are sitting during the next important game you have, or your graduation, so that I can scream in their ears the entire time. Not only did you scream while they walked across the stage, but also as they walked by you. Half of them looked like they had no idea who you were. Unfortunately we were sitting in front of you so it was non stop.

And what’s up with leaving graduation once your graduate walks across the stage?

I so wanted to go give the poor staff member that was trying to keep people out of the aisles so the graduates could proceed back to their seats a hug. Again, you don’t get to remake the rules just because you love your kid. One (bleep) actually pushed him out of the way and tried to look threatening ( he really just looked gross in his dirty t shirt and shorts and bad tattoos) as he said”I’ve got this”. ■■■. I saw him making out his wife/girlfriend ( hopefully not his daughter) soon after.

I tried not to let these things ruin my day, but I spent the entire time biting my tongue with DH giving me the “don’t say anything” eyes.

Fortunately the graduates were much more refined than their families. Not a misstep in the entire class

12 Likes

I saw a video this morning, posted by Dr. Jill Biden (the former First Lady). It was so lovely and it made me cry. For many reasons, the first was because she is sharing how much she loves Joe, another because I truly miss civility in the places of authority.

12 Likes

Absolutely devastated for the mosque community, the children, the parents and the staffers in San Diego. The security guard, Amin, is said to have been a wonderful person - he gave his life protecting the mosque. Two staffers died, as well, and it appears that there are victims who were sent to the hospital. :broken_heart:

25 Likes

How was I to know after being members for 44 years, that you had no idea how AAA membership charges worked. Actually, I’m sure you once knew but like so much else nowadays, it dropped out of your brain along the way. Sorry I had to confirm that when you said “one time” you actually meant “one time annually.”

1 Like

Stephen Colbert: I hoped/expected that your final week of shows would be great. Tonight’s was terrible. The audience was sparse and perhaps with good reason. Please step it up for the next few days.

3 Likes

Go, Spurs, Go!!!

it’s a stupid idea and you are cowards for being “ambivalent” . Whole of camp will be full of your stupid things. Tell your wife and DIL to keep their kitschy resort crap in their own homes.

Thank you xfinity for that hour of my life I will not get back. I begged enough to get a discounted rate and a refund, but my bill is still going up.

2 Likes

I am worried you are no longer competent to handle important, stressful things by yourself.

11 Likes

I talked to my S today, and it was sad. He has a job he likes, but the company isn’t replacing employees who leave, making more work for those remaining. He doesn’t get enough of an annual raise to keep pace with rapidly rising inflation. He doesn’t see a path forward to getting ahead in life. He’s not alone in his struggles, and many young people don’t feel good about their financial future.

40 Likes