Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

Thank FedEx. :enraged_face:

I’d ordered copies of my marriage certificate from the county where I was married and paid extra to have the documents sent by FedEx.

Well, FedEx delivered. Left the cardboard envelope on the front porch in a puddle. Didn’t ring the door bell or anything to let someone know it was there.

The cardboard is totally soaked through and documents inside are a wet mess.

26 Likes

Beware of the scorpions!

Ordered Amazon.

Packaging was environmentally-friendly paper bag.

Took out the product.

Left the packaging on the floor to take out to the recycle bin.

Started to take the labels off and…

Baby scorpion crawls out from the inner packaging hole.

Windex and shoe killed the scorpion
Husband had to scrape it up and take it out of the house because I was freaking out!

Neighbor said that the paper bag packaging comes from Arizona, hence the scorpion. Apparently, according to Arizona vet, who treats dogs with scorpion stings, scorpions can live without oxygen for up to six days!

It’s getting warmer and more dangerous!

26 Likes

Why do people use headshots that are years if not decades old? I see your headshot and then I see you at an in person meeting or Zoom and it’s like :scream:, are you the same person?!

(Moral of this story: embrace who you are and/or take the rose colored glasses off :rofl:)

20 Likes

I don’t want to adopt one. I want to adopt all 1500 of them…

8 Likes

Yes, my biking trip through Tuscany isn’t until September, but I know it’s getting close because training is ramping up (I’m ready) but even better, I’m starting to book tickets to museums and other fun things!

12 Likes

Well so much for the pickleball classes that we happily registered for. His cast probably won’t be off by then.

18 Likes

We have “parents taking care of parents” but beginning to think I need a “friends taking care of friends” thread.

16 Likes

Just because your kid doesn’t get along with someone doesn’t mean that my kid can’t be friends with them and also friends with your kid.

10 Likes

Injustice in other places makes me feel sad & disappointed, but when it happens in your own backyard it rises to a new level of anger and frustration.

18 Likes

Feeling like the most compressed sandwich of the sandwich generation today

Trying to appease but not expecting anything for myself

25 Likes

Starting to think something is hinky.

3 Likes

Yay for a friend’s excellent health news!!

21 Likes

Seen on social media today:

“Things that tell the truth:

  • Children,
  • Drunks,
  • Yoga Pants”
19 Likes

Europeans: I will be forever indebted to you for making it so easy for this unilingual American to travel abroad, AND, given the circumstances, for making me feel so welcome. :heart:

Also, y’all seriously need to get some ice cube trays. :woman_shrugging:t2:

18 Likes

Sometimes the world is just to “peopley”. There was actually a line waiting to get OUT of the grocery store today and a 20-minute wait for a try on room at TJ Maxx.

4 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to skimom, both skigrans, skibisabuela, and all other moms (and those who serve in lieu of / in addition to moms).

23 Likes

12 years, 8 months and 1 day. But who’s counting.

Thanks for being the best girl ever. Love you, Sabadog.

39 Likes

Dear friend from college,

You and I have known each other for 35 yr. You’ve preached all over Facebook for years. It’s fine, you worship your way, I worship my own way.

But 9 days ago, when I posted that our soon to be 20 yr old daughter died by suicide while at college…and she died alone in her dorm room…you said nothing. The silence speaks volumes.

and I know this isn’t because you don’t know how to respond. You’re a school counselor and have dealt with this thing at work before.

So here’s our family going to a traumatic horrible ordeal, dealing with a parent’s worst nightmare and you say…nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You are a bit of a hypocrite. It’s very distasteful at best.

76 Likes

Dealing with H health issues feels more like dealing with a parent than a spouse, except with H I don’t get days off.

27 Likes

I’m so tired of adulting! So many little pesky things that have to be taken care of. Ugh. Can I be a toddler again? :laughing:

22 Likes