Ugh. I want out of here. Tired of functioning as a housekeeper, cook and caregiver. Need to vent but shouldn’t burden daughters with this stuff and no good friend to complain to. I feel so stuck. Keep hearing from well meaning people to take care of myself, take a break but no one jumping in to take up slack. The mental energy to put everything in place to go somewhere is more than I can do.
I was called to jury duty today, a 3 to 4 week trial - I requested a chat with the presiding judge - I was (thankfully) dismissed - although it could have been very interesting.
It’s May 1st. I should not be in a heavy sweater, have the heat on in the house, and be worried about a frost warning. I’m ready for actual spring weather!
I’m proud of myself. At least during the second conversation, I listened, reflected his feelings back, and didn’t give advice. Very very hard for me, but I have to learn.
While you are insisting on going to your granddaughter’s graduation because she is the only grandchild you will get to see graduate due to your age and distance, it is going to completely wreck the day for me. I’m having a hard time looking beyond the fact that you are so caught up on “if she’s winning an award” and the fact that you’ve repeatedly called her school sh—y and laughed in her face that she wasn’t taking “real” classes.
No we will not transport your 90 year old grandma 700 miles each way so you don’t have to go to her.
She gave you enough money to buy a ticket. Do that. Yes I know it’s expensive, she gave you money you can use to come to her. You don’t need the money she gifted you. She’s 90!
Checking in for the first time as a grandparent. Our D and SiL welcomed their daughter 2 months ago. It has been a happy whirlwind and a joy to see the new parents in action. A complex delivery meant more help than expected made sense, so H and I spent weeks in their home helping out and getting to know the little one. It’s like riding a bike; it comes back quickly. They live a 6 hour drive away and fortunately we have always been a good foursome. Being a grandparent carries the magic that all here have described. Looking forward to spending another week with them soon. Fun to hear about all the adventures people are enjoying with their grands. We have a lot to look forward to!
Really, our small-town grocery store. Really. I try to shop at your store as I know the owners pretty well. Today, I wanted some Shredded Wheat. Not frosted Shredded Wheat or flavored Shredded Wheat. Just Shredded Wheat. Either the national brand or the store brand would do. But no. They only have 5 different types of flavored mini shredded wheat. Ugh.
Our middle son, the one we were estranged from for over a year, mentioned that he and his wife are discussing starting a family!! It’s hard not to get excited. I think he’s our only hope. I’m so thankful he decided to reconnect with us.
So this is what we do now in this country? Make calls to zoos claiming a bomb threat or active shooter? The last 3-4 days a different zoo in Ohio (and I think also in other states) has been forced to evacuate, spend hours of manpower and close services for a day or two due to these threats.
When I contacted Uber Eats about the fact that the braised BEEF noodle soup had no beef, their AI generated answer was “this does not qualify for a refund, and here is $5 credit for your inconvenience.”
Where was your human in the loop? I had to get hold of a real human to get a refund.
I KNOW the point of the Met Gala is to wear weird clothes, but geez, I still think you’d want to be, you know, looking attractive too. I am just too old for the naked dresses, 20 foot trains, and other expensive “garments” when so many people in this country go hungry.
A friend just told me how her son will be getting engaged on a particular day in June. An engagement is a promise between two people to get married. It has become an event with elaborate planning, professional photographers, family members present, etc. This is not the same as proposing at a nice restaurant with the waiter in on it (which I think is OK). Also not OK, proposing on the big screen at a sports event!
I just used a plastic knife to scrape boogers off the wall next to her bed … the length of the bed, and pretty far up the wall. How is it possible that this crusty mess has just been ignored? Hey, at least I brought Lysol, sponges and rubber gloves this trip. (It was for my MIL, so I want my Good Wife button.)
I have spent the last couple days in another state. Yuck, the political ads are nonstop and unbelievably nauseating. I’m glad that my state’s political ads focus on issues other than those that dominate the conversation in this particular state’s races.