You are 89 years old and shouldn’t be going up on a 10’ ladder. Now I’m wondering if you have dementia.
Dh,
Remember when we had to replace the water heater a few months, there had been water on the floor of our garage. I talked to you about this for more than a week, and you blew me off. Finally one morning, a carpet remnant out in the garage was soaked, and I said you need to figure out what is going on NOW. Of course, the water heater was dripping and needed to be replaced.
I know you don’t like dealing with this stuff, because you feel incompetent that you can’t just do it yourself. I get it, but that doesn’t mean you can just ignore &*%! forever. And we have the money to hire people to fix these kinds of problems.
So this morning, I asked, do you hear that sound coming from behind the air return vent, and you said yes, that you had heard it starting last night.
It sounded like a freaking waterfall, but there was no water. Are you not the least bit curious what is going on behind the wall??? I told you that you need to open up the hot water heater/AC closet and investigate what’s going on and while you are at it, change the air filter, which I’ve been bugging you about since the popcorn ceiling guys left two weeks ago. You said you didn’t wanna change the filter until all the work was done, including the flooring. Whatever. They are both done now.
So, I come back from running errands, and it turns out there was water leaking from the air-conditioning unit. Thankfully, it had not hit our new floors yet, but how long were you gonna ignore that noise? And when you pull out that freaking air filter, it not only was caked with popcorn ceiling residue but now it’s soaked.
I get that dealing with this kind of thing causes a high butt-pucker factor for you. But you can’t just keep ignoring this stuff! And, I’m tired of you dismissing my concerns and I have to take you kicking and dragging across the finish line to address issues. And then I’m mad at myself because I’m a feminist and could just do it myself. But then how emasculated will that make you feel? And I don’t wanna do it myself! That’s why I have a husband!
And don’t think I didn’t notice that when the general contractor came by to collect final payment that the suggestions she made were the same ones I did, which you disregarded when I said them but you are now doing.
I do appreciate that when you told everyone about the issue you admitted that you should have changed the filter sooner.
Please, I don’t want to be in the middle of your fight.
So you’ve been telling me for months now that you want to retire, you shouldn’t be working at 72, you’re miserable, etc., etc. So yesterday I told you, OK, I think you should retire at the end of the year. I’ll work as many hours as I can and somehow things will work out. Then you say, “But I kind of like working…” ARGH! Oh, well, I tried. I’ll put you on the phone with your sister the next time she calls to tell me she thinks you should retire (and why is it ANY of her business??).
I understand that everything is casual but shorts at the funeral home? Leggings and a denim shirt? Is there nothing we dress up for?
I consider casual for a funeral home black pants and a nice top.
Also it’s hard to make friends as an adult. You finally find a couple you click with and come to find out that she’s a flat earther! WTH! ![]()
I’ve come to terms that everyone is not going to agree with my politics but the earth is flat!!!
A neighbor does a huge Halloween display every year of skeletons- one walking a skeleton dog, two playing catch, one sitting in a tree etc. We say hello and wave , exchange a few words. I was away on vacation when he put up the display- my son said “ wait until you see this”.
A skeleton wearing an ICE vest chasing a running skeleton.
So here’s another neighbor that I have to ignore.
It’s a clique and a popularity contest. 100%.
Apparently you need to keep working on yourself.
And btw, you’re welcome!
That’s nice.
Well darn, I had no idea such a great concert was so close to my house! But I looked it up and tickets sold out within 15 minutes of when they went live to general public, so I likely wouldn’t have been quick enough to get them.
Why oh why do I go through this every year? The family wants to get together over the holidays. H wants to go as cheap as possible, S wants a “good” place. D has a very tight schedule and almost always has to get connecting flights. D wants to be very active on vacation, S wants to chill. And oh, lets go someplace warm.
I scramble, drive myself crazy trying to satisfy everyone and still end up feeling like I came up short. I’ve made flight reservations for everyone and booked a couple of different places that we could stay at, but I am seriously considering canceling everything this year. Doesn’t feel like a vacation for me!