H home yesterday from rehab after amputation. Has been harder to adjust and translate what learned there to home. Can’t wait for home PT and OT to start next week.. in the meantime my anxiety off the charts
Not so important but a pet peeve nonetheless. So tired of sports talking heads or fans in general using terms like “they haven’t played anybody” or “they haven’t played anybody with a pulse”. I get it some teams are better than others but quit demeaning these kids who are giving their all to play a sport they love. It means as much to them as is does to the “5 stars”.
Putting this out in the universe: Dear Medicare Part D insurance company … you have no problem sending out notification that our premiums are rising, but you apparently have not done much beyond that. Your communication says that there are changes in the formulary and changes to the pharmacy network. Yet none of those changes can be found on your website … you know, the website your communication says has all the information we need. You’re putting the cart before the horse from the customers’ point of view.
We now have a fair market value for my 3 grandchildren.
Today we stopped at Duck Donuts on the way home from school. I had told them the donuts were for tonight’s dessert, but on exiting the store, all 3 started screaming & misbehaving, demanding that they get their donuts NOW. A random mother walking past this commotion in parking lot stopped and offered to trade me my 3 tantrum-throwing littles for one 15 year old with a drug problem.
Grief is a funny thing. It has been 18 years since my H’s brother died by suicide. Why am I still so angry and sad around this anniversary?
Dear Cornell University, Really? REALLY?
I’m furious. And I’m speechless. And I’m absolutely sick to my stomach. I’m a bit behind as this news didn’t make it to Italy.
Which road signs do you not understand?
Ugh. Allergic contact dermatitis again. I try so hard to avoid any hair spray products that will irritate my face, but somehow I stumble into a product that irritates me every couple years (or a product that never bothered me suddenly does). I look simply lovely (not) and will continue to have a red swollen face for several days. Whaaaaa.
To urgent care I go tomorrow morning.
My weird dream last night. I wish I had written it in the middle of the night, as details are now sketchy
H & I were on a long cycling trip across NC and TN. We were cycling up and down big mountains (H does NOT cycle and was griping the whole time) and stopped somewhere where I noticed I had left my wallet at home. H’s credit cards to have to do. Awhile later we stopped in Memphis for something - I think because it was pouring rain, and I needed to make sure our bags were covered in plastic. Somehow then we wound up at our hotel, where I was trying to negotiate using points for the room.
Then it turns out we were headed to a wedding - and I was distressed to find that the dress code was black tie, and I only brought an old navy with white pipe tea length dress. I was very upset that I would not be fashionable, especially since I heard that the groom was a prominent member of society. Of course, the wedding also turned out to be between two 80 somethings and their families were not happy about the event.
I blame CC for my night last night! Clearly I spend too much time on here…
Apparently I poked a hornets nest…
2 things I want to complain about from my corner of Dysfunction Junction:
- My 80 yr old dad and his wife are getting a new dog. Wife requires a cane to walk and my dad isn’t far off from needing a cane, too. The dog will end up living longer than they do. Given what his memory is like these days, I’d guess that some time in the next couple of yr, he’s gonna need to go into a senior living facility of some sort. Getting a new dog is a really really bad idea! WHY do this? WHY?! This isn’t fair to the dog! Man, my dad is such a selfish butthead sometimes. The dog will end up at a shelter at some point down the road.
And no, I’m not going to take their dog in when that day comes. My dad lives on the other side of the country, in our house we don’t have dogs (on purpose) and I don’t want to be a caretaker of a yappy & hyper Jack Russell terrier. - Husband’s crazy self-absorbed aunt & uncle haven’t spoken to us in the 3 months that have passed since D24’s memorial service. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! I texted them yesterday to do some sneaky-cyber-sleuthing in an attempt to calculate the odds of them showing up here at the holidays. They’re gonna take their RV up near the Oregon border for several weeks to camp in the redwoods. Whew! Oh but that’s only if their cabin renovations complete in time so they can rent it out. How long have the renovations been underway? for 5 years.
Oh and Crazy Uncle keeps losing his wallet (twice in 2 days), his cell phone, his keys, you name it…it’s been misplaced multiple times. Did they ask how WE are doing? No. It’s all about them. Please please please…I don’t want these people at my house over the holidays.
I miss my mom.
Good job, Beloit!
I hope A) it increases the number of students who attend and B) Beloit can afford to do this.
At Beloit College, we believe an exceptional education should be as accessible as it is transformative. Our graduates are known for their ability to think critically, adapt to change, solve complex problems, and lead with creativity and purpose. Those qualities have always defined a Beloit College education, and they’re exactly what today’s employers value most.
We also know that the value of a college education is being questioned nationally, and the application and financial aid process is more confusing and overwhelming than ever. So we’re making things simple and transparent: pay no more than $30,000. Period.
We guarantee that no accepted student who applies for admission and financial aid by January 15, 2027, will be asked to pay more than $30,000 in direct costs (tuition, housing, meals, and fees) for the 2027-28 school year. Some students may pay less based on financial need.
https://www.beloit.edu/admission/tuition-aid/all-in-pricing-guarantee/
I don’t want to sell our beautiful house on the river, but I guess we have to. I don’t want to be like my parents and wait too long.
I am really worried you’re not making smart choices related to your employment. You seem to really like this job, and work hard at it when you’re there, but I’m not sure they are as flexible as you think they are.
Signed - former manager and long term employee
Great win last night for my San Diego Padres! Love how they let Joe Musgrove pitch the final inning. He had not pitched in 2 years because of Tommy John surgery. Everyone at Petco was on their feet to welcome our hometown boy back to the mound. Go Padres!
Missing my Dad this time of year as he loved baseball especially if his team (the Dodgers) was playing in October.
Learn to admit when you are wrong.
Wow, scary dream last night. In my dream I had gone shopping and at first I couldn’t find my car, but worse I couldn’t remember how to drive. I was so upset about it, I kept telling my husband in my dream that something is wrong with my brain. Worst dream of my life!
Last year my cousin was diagnosed with a very rare form of dementia. I learned this very recently.
He was one of the few family members who came to my sister’s funeral. After my mother died, he was very supportive and encouraging during a really tough time. He was even more so while H was undergoing radiation.
He travelled to Switzerland and ended his life last week before dementia took everything from him. I understand but I am going to miss him. What a cruel disease.