The fact that a church that welcomes everyone has moved into that particular space makes me smile.
Note to self:
Dear Aunt Bea:
It is poor form to have really horrible grammatical and spelling errors when you’re supposed to be a speech path who edits those kinds of errors! Don’t use anger as an excuse for improper prose.
Please finish rereading Jane Austen’s, Persuasion, to get a grip!
Sincerely, your friend and self,
Aunt Bea
(I really do prefer the Sally Hawkins version of Persuasion on Netflix or Prime video.)
Watching the movie War Games and getting goosebumps.
When you can’t go out in the sun you quickly realize how much time you spend in the sun.
Missing my boat time today ![]()
Yay! Finally! Engaged! I’m not sharing it with your cousins, so please hurry and announce it.
My neighborhood is old. The houses on my street were built in 1924. Today the house 3 doors down from me is being demolished. Someone bought it to build a new house on the lot.
A lot of the neighbors are upset. They can’t understand why young people don’t buy it and “ fix it up”. They can’t understand that young people don’t necessarily have the time/skills to do that. They don’t understand that the cost to gut it ( it needs a LOT of work) would be exorbitant.
I say , let’s move on. Someone will build a nice house in the lot. I’m glad people are investing in our neighborhood. Change happens.
Do kids’ legs no longer work the way they did when we were kids? It’s the only reason I can come up with as to why parents feel the need to buy their young kids e-bikes.
I really wish the grand kids wouldn’t share their “back to school” colds with me.
Miserably sick. I think I’ll go back some chicken noodle soup for dinner.
So you had a virtual meeting using Google Meet. But the twist was…they wanted you to have a Google account. Did it ever dawn on you that some folks don’t use Gmail? I was able to phone in and listen, but phone in cannot comment.
And this meeting was virtual only. You can bet I will be at your next meeting…in.person.
Dear friend,
I am glad the 2 of us were still able to have lunch together even though the 3rd person constantly cancels on us and/or wants us to reschedule because she thinks something else she wants to do is more important. Sigh. But that wasn’t as inconsiderate as your friend who you invited to go with you to the ballgame and sit in your incredible season ticket seats, and she is running so late that you will not get tonight’s giveaway that you clearly said at lunch today you were super looking forward to getting! She should take an uber and meet you at the stadium if she can’t be ready on time. I am so sorry this happened to you! I offered another possible other parking solution if she had to meet you there, but she was not able to do that either. I really hope you somehow got your desired giveaway item!
I’m tired of living in a world where everyone is convinced everything is black and white and picks a team accordingly. No grey, no nuance, and no room for growth as new facts emerge (well, they’ve been there forever, you just haven’t been exposed to them yet). I never understood people whose whole identity was a sports team. It’s even more confusing when it’s some cause you never bothered to be educated about until someone else spoon fed you their interpretation of it.
Fidelity, USAA, Marriott — your systems have all managed to flummox me lately.
USAA — you sent an email, with instructions to click, and log in and read the new insurance adjustment/claim. Only nothing was there — and no one in your phone system could see what we might be looking for. (Thanks for wasting my time?) Just send a PDF!
And then you sent a check payable to me, my husband’s estate, our family trust, and the mortgage company. Yes, I am on the hook for the policy and premiums and the house has been in the trust long before his death. Who added his estate to the payable line?
Fidelity, you sent a text to remind me to schedule a meeting. I clicked your link and logged in on the app, but was informed that the system would not allow me to schedule a meeting. I should call (the number provided) but the number was not linked. You know I am doing this via the app, but you think I should remember and correctly type 10 digits on another screen? Just link the damn phone number!
Marriott. I checked out of your hotel after a very nice stay and confirmed the bill showing three nights at three different rates. All on one reservation. After I depart, I notice TRIPS in the app now shows 2 nights (no elite night credit yet). So I use the chat to ask how a 3 nights paid stay now shows as a 2-night stay. And the agent who has no info tells me to send the bill in the next day so it can be properly credited. So, I did that upon return only to be told, it’s too early. I need to wait 10 days! This stay has now fully disappeared from Trips|Past.
If I can’t trust this technology, how am I supposed to trust the advances of AI?
Respect is earned.
I said arriverdverci to my boat, bike, crew and fellow passengers, and now I am saying arriverdverci to Italy. Not happy about it one bit! This trip has been magical! And I’m here to say (again) just do IT, whatever IT is, just say yes!
Delta Airlines doesn’t seem to care about passengers needing wheelchair assistance. Because no attendants met our plane, the pilot actually offered to push me to the baggage claim.
A few things:
- Person at work - nothing you produce is helpful. It always creates more rework for us. Stop using Copilot for everything because everything you produce is poo.
- Cat - stop pooping in the sink. There are 2 perfectly clean litter boxes available for you. There’s nothing wrong with you. And if you’re gonna poop in a white bowl, could you at least do it in the toilet instead?
- Husband - stop asking me to go on a boat. That’s never gonna happen except if it’s at Disneyland or WDW.
- Husband - stop asking about us getting an RV. You’ve mentioned it for 30 yr. It’s never going to happen. I hate camping, hate everything about RV travel. I’d rather go to the dentist than own an RV. Like, I hate RVs so much, I don’t even want to RENT one to try one out, ok?
Taylor, I used to really like your music. But really? Another version of an album you just released with 4 new songs tacked on? Cash grab.
And today I’m realizing I miss how things used to be. I miss the community.
I am scared again. You’re failing, right before my eyes.
Remember the good old days (like a couple years ago) when the national news was news, not these-are-the-three-news-stories-we’ll-talk-about-later, ad, story1, these-are-the-two-news-stories-we-already-told-you-we’ll-talk-about-later, ad, story2, this-is-the-news-we-already-told-you-about-twice-before, ad, this-is-the-story-we’ll-tell-you-about-now, story3. They spend more time telling us what they’ll tell us than they spend telling us. This is all the major network national news programs. I did not need to see the football player feign chugging a beer 3 separate times, but the programmers think I’ll keep watching if they keep me on the edge of my seat throughout the half hour wondering what his punishment was.

