Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

I stepped out of my comfort zone and did a weekend meetup with people I didn’t know from Adam. It turned out to be fun. Maybe I was a big dork, but we did okay. I’m happy you convinced me it would be enjoyable, and if it wasn’t we could find stuff to do on our own.

14 Likes

For 30 years you complained about mom and dad moving south after they retired. How they weren’t there for you and your family. How they should have moved to your town after they retired (a town in the snow belt). How it was difficult for you to get to the town mom and dad moved to. How you didn’t talk to mom for a year and half after she declined to move to your town until she did.

Now 6 months after mom passed away. You’ve sold your house and are moving south? Both of your kids live in that town, one was living with you! Okay.

The irony of it all!

17 Likes

Why do you always have to diminish or “one up” someone else? It’s not a good look.

15 Likes

DH didn’t have a compass at our cabin, so I went on Google Playstore (which I never use since I have an iPhone) and downloaded an app. No screen came up about it costing anything. On the iPhone you have to push a side button a couple of times to verify a purchase.

So on September 8, a charge of $15.81 appeared on our credit card. I tried to contest it but I didn’t hear back. I thought I had a month to take care of it, but we got another charge today. It’s $15.81 a WEEK! ChatGPT told me how to cancel the subscription, but I have to talk to Google to get both charges refunded. 50 minutes ago, I was #79 in the queue for a chat. Now I’m #70. Blech.

3 Likes

I have an expensive prescription for a medical issue. It is the only medication that works for me. My GI’s office has been helpful by finding a mail order pharmacy which is much less expensive than buying from a retail pharmacy.

So…today I get a letter telling me that because of tariffs, I can order now ( ASAP) because they will not be able to get this for me after a few weeks from now. I did call and order, but after this I will be stuck paying a much higher price. Grrrrr…..

4 Likes

My good friend’s husband who has been suffering through a terrible cancer for something like 2 years has been moved to “comfort care”. I am so sad for him and his family.

33 Likes

The past week in Florence and then Porto Santo Stefano have been a dream come true - and now I board my home for the next week as part of my sail/bike tour of the Tuscan islands!

37 Likes

Wild king salmon - $17.99/pound.
Mediocre steak - $25.99/pound.

Guess what we are having for dinner?

20 Likes

I came out of Home Depot yesterday carrying a small saw,a short wooden pole and a 8ft length of 3/4 inch PVC pipe that I had just bought.

I walked to my car and opened the front driver’s side door to throw my purse, the saw and pole inside so I’d have both my hands free to manage loading the pipe. A not-so-young (but definitely younger than me!) gentleman rushed over to mansplain how to load the pipe. (“You need to open the rear hatch. It’ll fit entirely inside with an end against the windshield.”)

He didn’t offer to help me. Just wanted to tell me how to do it.

SMH

3 Likes

Got a message from ‘the great beyond’ and I’m pretty sure my very elderly aunt is going to pass on in the next 6-8 weeks. can’t tell my cousins because we’ve never been that close (thanks to my dysfunctional dad, who for whatever reason decided decades ago that he hates his sister’s guts, even though she’s been a good mom, a good grandma, and is a good person).

The last couple of times this has happened to me, I’ve been right. And when I told other people, they pooh-pooh’d it.

Makes me feel better, though, knowing that my kid & all the aunts & uncles who have passed on will be there with the welcoming party at the pearly gates. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

I am reeling after reading your obituary. Life doesn’t always go as planned. I am so sorry.

19 Likes

I do like you and am glad you’re on the Board. You have a lot of good insights. But PLEASE read what I email you! I spent a lot of time gathering materials for our Committee meeting yesterday. You complained that you aren’t kept informed of everything that’s going on, but then admit you didn’t even look at the email I sent. :frowning: You could have contributed a lot more if you’d even skimmed the information.

4 Likes

Wow, brag much? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Dad, Husband, and Son, I love you all dearly but I don’t know if I can take care of all your issues at the same time. Breathe…

32 Likes

Dear husband. We don’t need the pile of heavy duty tools you are keeping under the deck. We’ve moved all dirt ever imaginable at this place! Time to let go. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: :shovel:

9 Likes

In terms of credibility, the Spencers have far more than than the Windsors.

6 Likes

After only 3 days in comfort care my friend died. Only a few years into retirement, where he was living next to a golf course, since he loved to golf. He had a rare blood cancer, which he had been battling for many years. His quality of life during this time was terrible. The treatment destroyed his kidneys, he was always sequestered so he wouldn’t catch people’s germs, he hated for his grown son (mid 30’s) to have to see him so sick, it was constant chemo, blood transfusions, dialysis, and travelling to various specialty health facilities. His wife always looked for the positive, hoping each time that this time the new treatment would work. I am venting here because I know my husband is equally devastated by this loss (and I don’t want to further burden him with my sadness.)

47 Likes

I was pressured and nominated to our homeowners board. I actually received the top vote from the community. It surpassed all of the incumbents. I get that my family and I are very well regarded.

Now you wonder why I never want to do this again???

I suspect that someone is getting kickbacks from the management company that always receives every bid for work.

I receive requests, DAILY, from residents who can’t get action or communication from the office. I have to physically “walk in” to submit architectural review requests, because some residents wait almost a month and a half to receive a reply. By that time, their contractors are gone.

■■■?

I get that it’s an old boys’ network. Common sense should dictate most of your decisions. I haven’t seen any of that in these past nine months.

I have to argue with you. I have to remind you that the fees are coming from all of the residents. It’s not your personal bank account! No. It’s not a “Latina thing”. Although you haven’t said it out loud, don’t you think I can feel it?

Unfortunately for you, I can find and cite court cases and I do conduct environmental research. You know that I do involve City, County, and State authorities when you don’t follow through. That’s my contribution as an educated woman. That’s also the community’s contribution as a community, who I represent.

You wonder why our elderly residents seek me out?

How about checking on them every once in a while, like I do, on my daily walks?
There’s a thing called email and there’s a thing called texting.

Most of my elderly visits, involve a weird thing called COMMUNICATION via some format.

The residents feel better. They’re actually attending the lively meetings. You have the nerve to think that I want to run again?

I need to preserve my sanity and get away from toxic people.
Retirement means just that.

16 Likes

Jack, I know this is a men only yoga class, but please try to dress more appropriately.

I’ve always thought you were a little crazy but today I can clearly see your nuts.

26 Likes

I hope everyone here who needs it has support. Hugs.

12 Likes