Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

Arsonists, whether intentional or stupidly accidental, are the worst of the worst and should rot in hell!!! Shooting fireworks off a moving vehicle is not just stupid, it is criminal. Lock them all up and throw the keys away!!! :angry:

6 Likes

The following has caused a fair amount of “stress” to someone in our family -
If you’re Canadian, you can gift an American cash easily.
BUT, if you’re Canadian, and you want to gift an American a house or part of a house, you as the giver have to pay US gift tax on any amount over something like $17-18K of home value. AND, if you gift someon money to buy the home from you, that is a no no, without paying the gift tax.

1 Like

Vodka water?! :flushed_face: What the heck? Sad. Sad that this diluted ethanol solution is the drink of choice for the generation that can’t appreciate good wine or classic cocktails.

9 Likes

Kayak Airfare Tracker…You’re fired. You told me to buy now, only to send me a $200 reduction 24 hours later.

1 Like

There was an accident overnight on the lake where our cottage is located. Two boats collided. Every time there is a mention on Facebook about it, the post is removed. There is no public mention anywhere. I’m with the people who think that there is a cover up for some reason. Believe me, every boat accident that happens around my home area is publicized, so this is really weird.

15 Likes

Well, Michigan, that was embarrassing. But Go Blue!

4 Likes

It’s been a day from the netherworld. I woke up with a splitting headache. Realized I’d forgotten to take my pill last night. I forgot the needles for my injection across the water. Trader Joe’s. Packing up my car. Waiting in the ferry line. An hour’s drive. All the stuff in the house and unpacked. I really don’t want to hear all the neighborhood stories until I’ve stat down, relaxed and done my injection. It can wait. Please, just be quiet.

9 Likes

Note to self: keep a bottle of WineOut in the car. ‘Cause Mr B can get too excited about a red wine. :laughing:

(ETA: we went home with a stained shirt and a case of said wine :laughing:)

9 Likes

I wrote this at 8:30 this morning:

Today’s the day! I’ve been planning, and training (and paying :astonished_face:) for this trip since Sept 26, 2025, which was the day I decided that, yes, I did want to bike and sail around the islands of Tuscany! I’m bringing Ganesh to the table, the remover of obstacles, the bearer of good luck and the deva of logic, intellect, and wisdom - I’ll take it all!

At 10:35 this happened:
Traveling solo has its perks!

Madame, are you traveling by yourself? I am. Madame I have upgraded you to business class. I have a seat available would you like to check the location?

(I couldn’t care where the location is. I’ll take it!)

Madame, would you like to use the lounge? Um, yeah.

And that’s where I am now! Madame is thinking she’s off to a great start!


I have angels!

48 Likes

In hospital with H, he had below knee amputation. Things were getting better but then today was rough. I hope it’s just confusion about the day and time due to being here since Thursday but he has had bout with hepatic encephalopathy before and every time he seems a bit off I panic. I can’t do that again. Hopefully he’ll get to rehab in next day or so and increased activity and routine will help. But Lord I’m done today

62 Likes

I think I probably need help, but I don’t have time to find it or the brain cells to manage even one more thing.

34 Likes

Girls Scouts making a dog cookie - well this is just ridiculous!

7 Likes

Still predicting that the NCAA CFP game will feature Notre Dame versus LSU.

However, while Notre Dame has about the 11th easiest schedule this season, LSU has the 11th hardest schedule.

One service ranks LSU’s schedule as the 15th hardest and Notre Dame’s as the 66th hardest this season.

1 Like

Just heard a commercial on the radio for a medication to treat prostate cancer.

Among the long list of warnings that are rapidly announced at the end is the following;

“Do not take if you are pregnant as it may cause damage to your unborn fetus.”

Wait…what?

19 Likes

You wrote a number on my receipt, asked me to have a seat, and promised to call my number when my food was ready.

I sat… and sat… and sat… for 20 minutes. Multiple orders were made while I sat. I thought you had forgotten mine! So finally I stood up to protest my overlong presence. Finally one of you said “Are you waiting on something?” I explained. Turns out there was a rack near the cash register. My food had been deposited there… and nobody yelled out my number to notify me. Ugh.

3 Likes

I finally watched “The Outsiders.” Now I know why Adam the Woo loved that movie so much. :slight_smile:

Diesel: $7.69 a gallon.

:scream:

11 Likes

We decided to give Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse another try after a few years. Still number one for ruining beautiful prime steaks. Apparently, their signature is drenching perfect steaks in butter. Once again, we were unable to consume the steaks & I refused to give the doggy bag steaks to my dogs (out of concern for their health and mine as I didn’t want them to turn on me).

Even the side dishes are horrible due to too much butter.

Never again.

Steaks should char-grilled or broiled w/o butter or anything other than mushrooms or onions.

I feel the same disgust for fancy restaurants who top perfectly good steaks with blue cheese dressing/flavor. Yuck !

3 Likes

OpenAI is encouraging its ChatGPT Pro users to connect all their financial accounts for “personalized insights.”

Hand over access to your financial lifeline to a bot that can behave in ways even its creators can’t control or predict? Sounds like a great idea!

18 Likes

OK, when you write a letter that starts out, “MLH, I want to be respectful when I answer your question,” how do you think I’m going to take it? “The question you asked is frigging dumb, so I will attempt to help you understand…” Ugh. Please remind me to never head up any organization again.

2 Likes