This was too funny, just made me giggle tonight because I was definitely that mom that printed out 40 pages of driving directions from MapQuest. Hopefully, the link is okay to post. It's 2026, and MapQuest is going viral — for letting users rename Lake Ontario whatever they want
There is sharing, and then there is over-sharing. You are most certainly over-sharing.
Youth sports. Gotta love it. The only kid on the team with eye black (paint under his eyes) is sucking his thumb.
A former colleague/ work friend of my late H’s reached out to me and wants me to contact him. I answered and haven’t heard back yet.
Why do I have a bad feeling that it’s not good news?
The Nepal floods. I’ve no words. How horrible.
It sounds really stupid for someone your age to say that.
OK, let’s not wait until the very last day of the month the safety inspection expires to take the car to the inspection station.
Today was 2 hours of my life I will never get back.
When I call a pharmacy asking if they received a prescription for drug1, and get a call back that they are filling my prescription, I expect that we are still talking about drug1. I was a bit confused and quite annoyed when I got to the pharmacy and was handed a refill for drug2, which I had never requested. After waiting in line to consult the pharmacist he tells me that drug1 is on backorder. So you fill drug2 instead? What?
This does not make me trust the pharmacy. The names of the drugs are completely different, and they are used for completely different diagnoses.
Responses like that are not helpful, just hurtful. Think before you reply.
I hate move in time!
No, you can’t drive the wrong way down a one-way street in the center of town. No, you can’t drive on the sidewalks where there are pedestrians at 35 miles an hour. Yes, that Do Not Enter signs applies to you! No you can’t block the entire road with your giant moving truck or worse, park it in my driveway. And yes, you do need to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk!
And worse yet, these are parents of returning students not freshmen!
I love my dogs, but sometimes they challenge my authority by mocking me. Either that or they have a weird sense of humor. Most recently happened when I was hand feeding them freshly cooked chicken immediately after I posted a large sign in plain view that stated: Don’t Bite The Hand That Feeds You.
After 10 years of being a SAHM and volunteering for everything, I swore I would never volunteer again.
Unfortunately, oops I did it again and now am stuck with all of the same headaches and hassles…
You are the definition of passive agressive.
I am heartbroken by the murder of the young woman in times square. She was my daughter’s age and grew up not far from us in NJ. A new mother with everything to look forward to in life, all destroyed by a random senseless act of violence.
Today’s sticker shock–
I stopped at McDonald’s (I know, I know, but it’s next door to a pharmacy and about block from the post office) while out running out running errands.
2 hamburgers and a small fountain drink—over $10!!!
Mickey D’s used to be cheap lunch stop. Not any more.
Still a no-reply thread
I’m putting together the company end of year dinner (it’s a 3 day affair, with about 30 coming from all parts of the US). Last year we did a yacht party, another year we all went to Austin, etc…A client has offered us their space…we would need a caterer, bartender, security (!), etc, but no cost for the space. He has a “little museum” with some antique cars, might be fun.
I went “location scouting” this morning to see the space - it’s a warehouse park, with no discernible signage - I was thankful it was broad daylight. Client has his PR person meet me. We walk through the door into a vestibule, about 500 sq feet, with a full bar, a chandelier, and some leather comfy chairs, and a Model T from the 20s - pretty, but nothing special.
I take pics, and am ushered through another door…
Oh my!
In front of me, is a 75,000 square foot space dimly lit, with no less than 15 of the most outrageous antique and collectible vehicles…including Al Capone’s car and the Batmobile that was used in Batman with Michael Keaton! The entire space is decked out in 1930/40 period pieces of furniture & art, there’s another full bar, a cigar room, a wine cellar, a full kitchen, a dining room, leather comfy chairs and couches all around, a full recording studio with instruments, a movie screening room, and more. Soooo, much more! I truly got chills, it was so beautiful. I’m not someone who gets impressed by “stuff” but holy smokes…I was! I now understand the need for security. The client is a member of a very prominent family (not politics), and has been a collector for close to 40 years. I’ve known (of) him for 20. We’ve never encountered one another. So I have never had one on one conversations -
Needless to say we’re hosting our party there! He even provided his favorite caterer, who is a Michelin Star holder, now retired & running a non profit catering business, run by women who have been abused and were considered unemployable - he’s got accolades up the wazoo. I called him, he’s all in.
I feel like I stepped into a version of Alice in Wonderland or Oz.
I’ve got a $12,000 budget, for this evening, and you can bet I’m spending every dime!
My wife thinks that I’m a great cook. Says the food that I prepare is better than that featured at restaurants. I agree with one of those two statements.
The truth is that I am a great heater-up person.
For example: Last evening I cooked (heated up in the oven) Chilean Sea Bass at 400 degrees for a bit over twenty minutes (was about 1.5 inches thick).
I microwaved a bag of white Jasmine rice for just over 3 minutes. (Grain Trust Steamed Jasmine Rice sold in frozen vegetable section.)
And, most importantly, I uncorked a bottle of a modestly priced ($15) , non-oaky Chardonnay (Estancia).
The result was incredible. But I am not a talented chef and I am not a good cook, I’m just a adept at heating stuff up & uncorking wine (and serving generous pourings).
The trick with Chilean Sea Bass is to bake it without any seasonings or oils, patting it dry before baking, and pairing it with the right type of rice & wine. Helps if you can buy the Chilean Sea Bass at a discount as it’s usually $38 a pound.
The trick with the microwaved steamed Jasmine rice is to take it out of the bag prior to serving.
And the ultimate “trick” is to serve generous portions of a mild, chilled white wine in chilled glasses prior to & during the meal.
For a quicker option, skip the fish & the rice.
Enjoy !
P.S. Just to be clear: Do NOT heat-up the wine. Chill it.
Post Post Script: To be clear: Please do not use any butter, margarine, olive oil, or acidic juice (lemon or lime) when cooking. Chilean Sea Bass already has a natural butter flavor. And, most already know,never use an acidic juice if cooking on aluminum foil (use parchment paper if you must).
Also, avoid using salt. Pepper is unnecessary. And be sure to use a paper towel to pat dry any fish prior to baking.
The absolute worst advertising has to be anything from Bet365. How’d that dude in a yellow sweatshirt infiltrate a Top Gun briefing?Omelettes are on me! Dale’s a LOSER! They play over and over and over and each one is like fingernails on a chalk board!
True story - I overheard my love telling his attendant (my love is a quadriplegic) that I leave tomorrow morning!
I said “you have no idea when I leave do you? Do you know when I get back?” No on both counts, only that I’m going to Italy & there are bikes involved!
And yes, I had sent him my itinerary earlier this week
- I’m not sure, but I think that’s “love”
(I leave Monday and come home the 24th)
