If political commentator Bill O’Reilly married crime news reporter Nancy Grace, I wonder what their kids would be like. Or whether or not they would even have the ability and capacity to smile.
I did not want to do this volunteer position because I have my hand in so many different charities and volunteer organizations. I was forced to because of incompetence and lack of transparency.
I’m on a board making decisions and I have been invited to an all out expensive “gambling” affair complete with black custom invitations, all on your dime. My husband wasn’t invited. This company was hired by the current board, and their attempts to reward my volunteer activism looks expensive in many ways.
I’m sorry, what part of “unethical” do you think I don’t understand?
Just because people no longer value ethics in this country, doesn’t mean that my vote can be bought.
I have to value what’s fair to both parties. I didn’t intend to win a seat, but you have all corrupted this organization so much that my “fairness” reputation got me nominated and elected, to your board, to smooth things over.
Trying to get me to sway (cha-Ching) my vote isn’t the way to keep me on this board. As an occupational hazard, I happen to take extremely good notes that even your secretary can’t keep up with.
Signed,
The only Incredulous and transparent board member.
I just looked in my refrigerator.
It’s 90% drinks and condiments. Where does the food go?
Dammmmmn! I was reviewing a FedEx invoice - they’re adding a 28.5% surcharge on all deliveries for fuel. That’s almost 1/3! That’s insane. Thanks you know who!
I am just thrilled to volunteer for Be My Eyes. It is so rewarding and easy. Just got off a call and it felt good.
Every time the College Navigator site is down, I wonder if it’s coming back ![]()
I am reeling. My mom’s cousin’s wife died last September, and I had absolutely no idea. We stopped having a holiday gathering of that side of the family when Covid hit, and we never reinstated it. I talked to my aunt last fall, and she mentioned that the wife had Alzheimer’s and wasn’t doing well. I sent a Christmas card and sort of vaguely touched on the fact that I heard that things were a bit difficult for them. I didn’t know she had died! I just found out today when I stumbled across her online obituary while looking for something else. I guess my extended family is officially a non-thing. I don’t even see one of my two remaining brothers anymore. I am feeling like a huge part of my life is gone.
I sent a letter by Priority Mail and just checked the tracking. Received by the post office Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. Left post office Wednesday at 8:30 p.m.
Why did it sit around an extra day?
Just a “public service message” - GET YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER. My poor DIL is likely going to take on the burden of dealing with the fairly complicated estate of a relative who failed to leave a will or trust, and most of the beneficiaries are out of country. That relative actually had a will drafted, they just never signed it!
This is a message to self as much as anyone else!
If you can’t drive the speed limit on the expressway … get out of the fast lane.
Thank you, airlines, for sending me a notice that you had changed/“rebooked” one of our flights and making me worry. When I looked at it, the “change/rebook” was to change the arrival time by… wait for it… one minute!!!
Who does that?
Cultural priorities can be interesting, and a touch disturbing. For example, consider that US medical researchers spend a great amount of time & money examining the brains of football players, yet spend next to nothing in resources examining the brains of politicians.
Most of the time, I really do love my employees. But today it seems like every one of them is making boneheaded comments or mistakes. That is clearly objectively not true, but so many things today have just been like What Are You Thinking?
Some days, being the Switzerland of this extended family is exhausting. You are all adults, learn to deal with each other!
A post was merged into an existing topic: Why don’t I see Unread today in the Latest view?
wrong place/deleted
I love this time of year - 2 weeks of the US Open (actually 3 now with fan week) and then transition to fall, my favorite season.