Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

I was told and then confirmed online (so you know it’s official) that having a Sour Patch Kid can stop an anxiety attack in its tracks.

One box finished in a day later and, I must say, I’m skeptical.

14 Likes

I hope the urgent all employees meeting is not bad news. You were so nervous about it this morning!

15 Likes

What is said and what is discussed is certainly interesting. But I find it much more interesting, and telling, what is not discussed or even mentioned.

3 Likes

I never had any desire to be wealthy until today. Today we went to a top hospital for an important surgery for my H, and upon entering the grand hall you see a wall of names that made this great hospital possible. The amount of research done, medical advances made and tricky surgeries accomplished, this was all made possible by these donors. What a difference these people have made in the lives of many. Thank you.

36 Likes

I’m about to accompany DH to his appointment with a neurologist to discuss his very poor short term memory. I’m afraid this is the day that will be the dividing line between “before” and “after.” Like the day in December, 2010 when I got the call that my son was on the verge of a psychotic break. :frowning:

50 Likes

Just because it works for you, doesn’t mean it’s THE “right” way, and you might want to think about being more considerate/accepting and less judgmental of other ways to handle things.

11 Likes

Dear Consulting Firm,

Mentioning in your pitch deck that your firm has a “combined 325 years of experience” in this field is not impressive.

It’s a ridiculous and meaningless stat —especially when the field itself is barely 15 years old.

12 Likes

Son and DIL -
I am proud of you for stepping up in a very difficult situation and trying to deal with it, in line with what you know she would want. It’s a tough situation, and nobody would even know if you just chose not to deal with it - you just want to do the right thing.

11 Likes

Ugh, how do we pick a vendor/vendors?

Why must dh and I approach everything differently???

5 Likes

DH scored 27/30 on the cognitive test, which is in the normal range, but the doctor agreed that there’s something going on. He’ll have an MRI in a couple of weeks and then we’ll reassess.

He could repeat, “ball, flag, tree” immediately after being told and again a few minutes later, but not when we got in the car to go home. When I asked what the test score was, he said, “Hmm, 85?”

The nurse was really nice and assured us they will figure out what’s going on and be able to help. She was so kind.

We had lunch at a nice restaurant. The waitress was very friendly, so we mentioned the appointment. She gave us dessert and coffee for free!

So I’m still scared, but that’s one thing I can’t say directly to DH…

38 Likes

So…we have a calendar where you sign up for your volunteer times. Your name wasn’t on the calendar. Emails and group texts were sent out (you are on both distribution lists) asking who might be able to help starting in the afternoon. Folks responded and three people agreed to come in. And then…you walked in the door. Say what? Don’t you read these group texts and emails? At that point, two of us had rearranged things to take your place. I (not you) apologized to the person who made a special unnecessary trip. Then we both left.

Really…could you be a little more considerate of other people’s time.

4 Likes

Went to the store to pick a few items: 2 boxes of pasta, 1 lb butter, bag of chocolate chips (the big 24oz one, admittedly), a bag of tortilla chips, a tub of burrata cheese and another of parmesan, and 2 loaves of sandwich bread—over $40.

Food is getting ridiculously expensive!

19 Likes

Sooo, you are getting sucked into helping with an issue in a neighborhood that isn’t ours with an issue that isn’t ours, and doing work for them. Perhaps in return you could ask them to reach out to anyone they know in our neighborhood to ask them to vote down this ridiculous thing the board is trying to railroad through with a very skewed explanation of their self-serving “gift”.

2 Likes

S23s GFs parents just invited us on a trip. The issue is that they are very outdoorsy people who are extreme adventurers on vacation and in incredible shape. I mean, there have been books written about the dad and his field abilities We are none of those things. Between allergies and physical limitations we are more like old people. I’d love to go to Costa Rica as a passenger princess (I hate doing the planning), and I really like her parents, but this might be too much. Especially with people we have barely spent time with.

13 Likes

Shame on you Shannon Admissions Consulting!

You just sent D1 a huge flashy packet with the words: Make your Child’s Ivy Dream Come True emblazoned across the front in huge red letters.

The thing is–her child has not yet started kindergarten.

15 Likes

Please don’t opine about how families don’t get together anymore. I have invited you to my home regularly for the past six+ years, during which time you have chosen not to come. You have not invited me to your home once during that time. Facebook World isn’t real, honey … you can pretend to be whatever you want, but reality is reality.

10 Likes

I love :canada:. :victory_hand:t3:

19 Likes

All things considered, I really get nervous when you don’t respond to my messages…

4 Likes

After dropping Thing #2 off for his freshman year of college and Thing #1 for his senior year, we are now officially empty nesters. My wife and I are both pretty excited about this. Does that make us bad parents?

27 Likes

Huh, so when I’m elected treasurer for a new organization, I have to do all the work to get my name on the bank account. But apparently if I step down and a new treasurer is elected, I still have to do everything? And really, first you tell me you can stop off at the branch in my hometown to fill out forms, but now, “That might not work out so well…” and you want me to meet you at a bank an hour north of here? Sigh. Just so you understand that once this switch is made, I am DONE.

4 Likes