Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

Sigh, I have to say it once again, the people on my road are crazy. Not all of them, but three houses out of 13. Seems like a high percentage.

Yes, we have to require that Plow Guy have liability insurance. No, our insurance broker isn’t recommending it because “Insurance agents sell insurance and they always want people/organizations to purchase more!” (direct quote, including exclamation point) Oh, hon, our broker is looking out for our best interest and won’t make a dime off of this. She’s actually taking time out of her day to answer my questions. And she’s the CEO of the firm.

Considering her distrust of the insurance broker, I called the road association attorney (we’ve used her firm for our company the entire 27 years my husband and I have been in business and her in particular for several years now). I explained I couldn’t authorize payment, but she said she’d be glad to email us her recommendations for insurance at no charge. When I described the situation to her, she started laughing! She said just today a college student told her about a class she’s taking titled, “Why are People so Stupid?” For real! I NEED THAT CLASS!

14 Likes

Wow! You’re the first person I’ve met who’s reached their full potential.

3 Likes

Husband was working on a speech for son and FDIL at their wedding next year when I had to tell him Parent’s of the Groom don’t give speeches at the reception. Why not? I don’t get that, how wrong is that? Maybe he can give it at the rehearsal dinner, we pay for that anyway, we should be able to slip it in!

11 Likes

Ha ha ha, second neighbor who is crazy! You claimed that I gave you the incorrect email address for poor Plow Guy, so he was unintentionally denied the opportunity to submit a proposal so you rescinded your vote for the other plow contractor.

Huh. It was the email address where our last plowing invoice came from, so I didn’t think it was wrong…

And then I stumbled upon an email chain from early July (same email address I’d given you), between you and Plow Guy’s wife, who said she had passed the insurance requirements onto Plow Guy. She had a few questions and the insurance broker’s answers were forwarded to her. Second neighbor never got a response, even after sending a follow up email on August 3.

I have quite enjoyed crafting the email I will send out to the neighborhood. I am unfailingly polite in the email and never disparage you, although it was tempting. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are you looking for a boyfriend or a handyman? Asking your “boyfriend” to move in with you and your mother for a month to fix things around the house sounds suspicious.

7 Likes

For once we are diplomatically standing firm to keep the plans as we have them scheduled, per my invitation. You have pushed 3x to change them to a way that I have explained is inconvenient for us. I fully expect if we don’t do things the way you want, you will cancel.

3 Likes

I would appreciate if you would update me on your expected arrival time - when you have a 2.5 at the most trip and it’s been 3.5 hours I might worry or I might get mad that you couldn’t take a moment to update me!

And YOU…you could be a little more understanding than saying to me “why are you so grouchy about it” when this affected your day whatsoever . Why is it so hard to offer support and listening?

4 Likes

Stop. Asking. Me. To. Drink. Alcohol.

19 Likes

It’s not ok to manspread so much that I have to sit sideways at the ballpark to have room in my own seat!

5 Likes

Two and a half more months of this? Yuck.

4 Likes

How can so many ants live in the walls of my kitchen!

15 Likes

If you wanna marry my niece, you need to stop whining about your baby mama and get over yourself. You have done some really stupid stuff. You need to find some gratitude that your life is not a complete shambles, man up, stop complaining and get on with things. Your son is more important than feeling ashamed of yourself. Welcome to parenting a child – there’ s no “space” to wallow. Step up, or step away. And don’t mistake me for someone who won’t give you an honest opinion if you ask for it.

5 Likes

Aaannnndddddd……. They cancelled. No surprise

5 Likes

Hee hee hee, Difficult Neighbors. I was telling my dad’s bookkeeper about the goings on, and she suggested I check to see if the road association bylaws require that contractors carry liability insurance and THEY DO! :slight_smile: So now all I have to provide is:

Bylaw section requiring insurance

Emails showing that Plow Guy had notice and time to provide a snowplowing proposal and didn’t

Email from our attorney saying we should follow the insurance broker’s recommendations for coverage.

I had prepared a whole detailed timeline of events from January 1 to August 12, but that’s not even needed now. I’m so happy. I am proud of myself. :slight_smile: I wish I had looked at the Bylaws first, but I never thought about them requiring insurance! Apparently none of my neighbors had, either.

21 Likes

What planet are from??? You’re hosting a 50th anniversary party for your parents and asking the guests (all relatives) to pay $30 in cash for food?? For folks who will stick around until the next day, you’re serving hot dogs and hamburgers but asking guests to bring “sides”. How do people bring sides when they are driving for several hours or flying to the venue?? This is just TACKY!!

17 Likes

It’s amazing what a compliment will do for you. After I sent out three emails with all the supporting documentation and a final email explaining that we were moving on from Plow Guy and signing a contract with a new company, a woman who has been VERY critical of me in the past sent me an email that read simply, “Well done.” Oh, my gosh, I literally cried. I have gotten no emails from any other neighbor, which is a good sign. :slight_smile: DH and I celebrated with booze and a hot tub soak last night. I feel like I’ve been through a war.

28 Likes

I can’t do technology. I hate technology. If I ever have to do something technical again, I’m just going to lie down on the floor, kick my feet, and scream. Why have things become so hard??

10 Likes

Dear neighborhood HOA board: so you send out a survey asking, amongst other things, if we would be ok with a $100/year dues increase, and then we find out that you have quietly been waiving the membership dues for board members who have been on the board for 2 years (and this dues waiver would continue as they served) ?!?! WTH?!? And gee, you can’t seem to find the minutes of the meeting where this was discussed (duh, because it wasn’t) and this has been going on for 5 or more years?? And before that, you gifted departing members $350 wine/fruit baskets. So you send an email/shove fliers in the mailboxes trying to get a majority vote for what has been done without permission. I hope it fails. If board members have to pay it back and we as a Neighborhood want to discuss an appropriate thank you gift, that would be the right direction to go. For what it’s worth I served on plenty of committees in the neighborhood and my husband served on the board as treasurer for years and we got and expected nothing.

11 Likes

I hope you can start to consider the comments of multiple well-informed people who expressed concern about your kid’s very long, very expensive, and very competitive application list before your kid is shut out and scrambling their senior spring or you wind up crushed by debt.

3 Likes

Why do you keep falling for those Microsoft scams? We told you Microsoft doesn’t call anyone and they don’t send you their number so you can call them.

11 Likes