Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

You know, you could have told me to bring a swimsuit when you talked to me 3 hours before I left for the airport instead of texting me about it AFTER d already left for the airport.

6 Likes

before you ever call her an overpossessive new mom, or imply she worries too much about the baby – remind yourselves that their child is the very.first.time she has known anyone on the planet who is genetically connected to her. Her birth mom left her on the steps of an orphanage. No dad ever ID’d. Adoptive single mom is dead, grandparents, uncles, two cousins who hated her existence, all dead.

Of course their baby is a precious treasure to her. Shut your stupid thoughtless mouth.

29 Likes

Well after trying everything else, looks like H will be having below knee amputation. Who knows what this will look like. I don’t want to be fussed at for not being more positive because there really isnt a choice but H seems to think it heals and he gets a prosthetic and gets back in his feet. I’m not so optimistic. He has bad neuropathy in foot and bad balance but I guess we’ll see. Oh and now a hernia which has sent him out ER twice to be reduced. Sigh.

50 Likes

Minor rant/shaking my head…

We have a city councilman who has recently been making headlines about pushing for more sidewalks, showing one project under construction saying he asked for it. Umm… no, that is not why this grant was applied for 7 years ago, but ok…

He’s started again posting a video about a section in desperate need for sidewalks. Why yes it does. But does he mention how 6 years ago, we came to council asking them for a letter of support for a grant application ? No. Does he mention this project has been in the budget for the last few years? No. Does he mention it’s finally to the point it should be constructed next year? No… so when it is constructed next year, it will magically look like he said this needs sidewalks and poof, it happens. Umm no. But the community loves him for it.

9 Likes

The Halloween candy was in the store a few weeks ago, pumpkin spice is already everywhere, but this tops the cake - Spirit of Halloween store already up and running!

6 Likes

I am tearing up terribly today over the loss of a beautiful eagle wife and mother - for anyone who followed the eagle pair in Big Bear Valley, California, Jackie passed away this morning. It breaks my heart since they were my Xanax during these stressful times.

15 Likes

I am not fixing cocktails for them. That’s all. If they don’t like wine, well, too bad for them.

5 Likes

I’m ready to move past the age of stupidity.

14 Likes

Stop making things up.

7 Likes

Saw so many old friends over the past 2 days…it’s so good catch up with people, realizing that the days ahead of us all are so much fewer than the days behind us.

18 Likes

Junk food is, in and of itself, unhealthy. Please, let’s turn our attention from the unhealthy stuff in an unhealthy food and concentrate on keeping our healthy foods healthy. I don’t want to eat potato chips … I want to eat lettuce.

21 Likes

Congratulations. You’ve done it again.

2 Likes

I was so nervous about the money we spent on a bathroom remodel as I can find fault in anything and was sure I would still not love my bathroom due to it’s small footprint.

I freaking love my new bathroom! Thank God I went with the contractor with OCD (seriously, he had to go around my entire house and make sure all the screws on my switch plates were all facing perfectly vertical before he could walk out) who understood my hyperfixations on symmetry and lines.

30 Likes

Dear attorney in charge of resolving the title question: We submitted the title claim in May. On July 14, you said the survey would be in two weeks. Then you said by August 3, at the latest (which is more than two weeks). Then you said tentatively scheduled for August 6. Then confirmed for August 10. No word, and now you aren’t returning messages. If this property sale, due to close Aug. 21, falls through, I will be beyond furious. We need to sell my mom’s property, and I need to be done with this whole process.

15 Likes

Really Blue Apron? The last few weeks you keep sending boxes with major ingredients missing. Today the shrimp recipe ingredients you sent were butter and parsley. No shrimp! Several ingredients missing from the rest of my order. After several years, I may be cancelling very soon…

10 Likes

First time up to bat at a restaurant, I ordered the burger with extra ketchup and mayo… but received extra mustard – a lot of extra mustard – instead. There was so much mustard that initially, I thought maybe they had doused it with some cheese sauce. It’s a shame, because that burger would have been really awesome as ordered. That is not how you retain a new customer. lol

You had one job

2 Likes

Ick and yuck. Your friend is a truly terrible person. Even if she is “playing” the role to gain fame, it doesn’t excuse the things she says. Sorry, but I can’t help but think far less of you for being her friend.

7 Likes

Lady on our road, you are nuts. We’ve been discussing the matter of our plow guy needing insurance coverage for MONTHS. He is ignorant and refuses to get commercial insurance, saying it’s too expensive. When I tried to explain it all to him, his reply was, “I’ve never seen as much BS as on on your street. I’m done.” (ha, I can’t really disagree with his assessment of our street…) Then a couple of months later, he reached out to another neighbor and said, actually, he would like to continue plowing for us. &#*@(

It was discussed at the annual meeting in APRIL that your husband attended. No, we didn’t VOTE on the matter, just like we don’t VOTE on whether we submit state and federal tax reports. We got proposals from two companies for plowing and sent them out for a vote. The vote was 10-1 for one company. Now another neighbor wrote that I gave him the wrong email address for Plow Guy (and I responded that I gave him the email address from which our latest invoice was sent) and has rescinded his vote since poor Plow Guy didn’t know what was going on and insists that he has coverage (but can’t provide written proof). Good grief. I just copied and pasted all the advice/direction from our insurance agent that said anyone who plows for us MUST have insurance and provide written documentation. Crazy neighbor, you responded that insurance agents just want people to buy more insurance. ??? Our broker gets NO benefit from our plow guy purchasing coverage. Is this that hard a concept to understand? Just because you “like” someone and don’t think they should have to pay for adequate commercial insurance does not matter! Grr. Now our President is leaving for two weeks to take herr daughter to college out west. The window is rapidly closing to hire anyone for plowing next winter, because they are booking up now.

As I’ve said before, I will never again buy property that requires membership in an Association. Just the fact that two people insisted that ALL 13 HOUSES have to be on the Board of Directors is crazy. And it’s the loudest three owners who always get their way, because other people just don’t want to deal with their belligerence. It’s such a beautiful place to live, in the woods on a river, but this nonsense kind of ruins it.

7 Likes

What did you not understand about “we don’t want baguettes. We want panini”? I sent mine back and you put the ham and cheese on bread, but did not use your panini press. Why? This ended up being a very pricey ham and cheese sandwich…

I seldom complain to the manager, but this is one time I should have either sent the order back and ordered something else…or I should have talked to a manager.

Luckily, the appetizer and dessert were very delicious, and the place itself was charming.

1 Like

These last few days have reminded me that people who work to rescue others or just support them during natural disasters should get extra credit in the afterlife. I’m talking earthquakes, fires, floods, tornadoes, etc.

19 Likes