Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

Eeeek. Just eeeeek.

6 Likes

I will not google my symptoms
I will not google my symptoms
I will not goo…

I will not panic over nothing
I will not panic over nothing…

30 Likes

We can’t keep doing this. I’m gonna lose my mind with the stress. Never mind how they must feel.

20 Likes

Gee, if only you had listened to me, you wouldn’t now have to deal with a nasty gram from a lawyer. Which I only found out about because you accidently left it on my desk. But it’s okay. I’ll clean up your mess. Because, in the end, you’re incapable of doing it correctly and I just want the best for the person that is on the short end of your incompetence.

7 Likes

So, I now realize (or have come to learn) … the IRMAA threshold levels do not align with tax brackets.

So, there’s more to consider!

3 Likes

I’m heartbroken. RIP. We love you.

34 Likes

Fool me once, shame on you!

Fool me twice, shame on me!

OK sis, I gave you a heads up. I have a feeling “extended family member” wants either: money or wants to stay at your house.

I have a feeling: it’s to stay at your house.
She’ll bring all of those nine kids.
I was under construction, last time and she still attempted to stay at our house because of the pool.
But the pool was also under construction and I had to send her the pictures.

8 Likes

I tried to buy whatever was left of the official tickets to LA28. Cheapest tickets for the closing ceremony are $4500 apiece! :scream: Swimming? $400 and up. Hope to enjoy NBC coverage on Peacock.

14 Likes

What’s up with people I’m their late 30s that still can’t get their lives together? I work with two of them. One still relies on mom and dad for everything and the other can’t work a full week without calling in sick or late.

10 Likes

I found the angel! He’s a 90-year-old man who goes out walking early in the morning. His wife died last year and he has time to do good deeds for the neighbors.

Ninety! And in awesome shape. Must be all that walking and all that kindness. :heart: :heart:

(Here’s what I wrote earlier, hope I’m allowed to update myself)

42 Likes

USAA your auto insurance claims department is incompetent. Six weeks after the accident (which was not my fault) you send me an email saying you received the notarized information I need to provide in order to get my settlement and that my settlement check will be XXXX amount. At the end of the day, you sent another email saying that you have rescinded the check. I have to click on a link to find out why. It says you rescinded the check because: it had a typo or the wrong payment amount OR it was issued to the wrong recipient.

I’ve called and left voice messages and emails and can’t find a person who will actually speak to me!!! This is crazy.

10 Likes

Well darn Costco… I got patio furniture and picked the set that was $600 off. Who knew you’d have the set that I was originally thinking I’d get for $900 off just a couple of weeks later. Oh well, I’m not inclined to send this one back, but would have been nice to save that much.

6 Likes

Sometimes remembering something tragic can have an amusing turn. We are at a Yom Hashoa Holocaust memorial remembrance ceremony. There are hundreds here- survivors, family members of survivors, veterans, clergy, etc. One survivor made a political comment which seemed to cause some discomfort. Then, at one point shortly later, a speaker asked if there were any additional survivors who hadn’t been mentioned, and someone’s phone in the audience responded with “I am not sure how to answer that. Would you like me to use Chat gpt?” Everyone laughed. It was needed levity in this somber day of remembrance.

5 Likes

Does that teeny library really want the bins of grandma’s OLD books that you plan to take there. They have been stored in attics for over 10 years, and are musty and discolored…and not valuable collector items. Maybe you should ask first. Otherwise, you are burdening this little library with disposing of your trash.

19 Likes

I understand that your neighbor is awful, and he makes life miserable for your family. But … exactly how is telling everyone on the neighborhood Facebook group about it helpful in any way? The rest of your neighbors know what is happening (and the police have been involved). How does naming and shaming publicly for people not involved or living nearby to see change anything for the better?

4 Likes

Prologue: When I was a kid I used to fantasize that I would grow up to be the Best-in-the-World at…something (insert all kinds of random talent genres…based on the season, my age, my hobby du jour, etc)

I got some Botox today. I rarely do it so I had a new injector. Based on a couple of past experiences, I told her if she didn’t use more than the normal amount of tox, my seriously droopy brows wouldn’t budge. She said she wasn’t about to overdose or overcharge a new patient. So I looked at her and flexed all the “angry” muscles in my forehead.

She replied “OMG. I have been doing this for 14 years. You have the strongest corrugator muscles I’ve ever seen!”

She is the third injector to tell me that… and then it hit me like a ton of bricks:

I win! I am THE best at something!

Yup. RBF. I am the RBF winner.

34 Likes

It’s a stupid idea to go to Boston sightseeing during graduation season, stupid to drive her everywhere like she’s a helpless infant, stupid to think that diapers “aren’t that expensive” , stupid to think you will never need to buy a new car; additionally stupid to not mow your yard on the regular, not have any concept of a childcare plan, and last of all, stupid to add all this anxiety to your father’s worries right now. Stupid to think I will eternally keep my mouth shut, and stupid of me to think pointing any of this out would make the tiniest bit of difference to her, or you. (So I haven’t)

13 Likes

Husband
When you complain that you can’t hear me when I ask you a question from the next room

You also can’t hear me answer when you ask me a question from the other room

12 Likes

Is it a bad sign when one of your favorite mugs that says “Find Joy In Your Day” breaks first thing in the morning??? :thinking:

19 Likes