Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS) (Part 3)

I’ve always been the peacemaker, even as a child. I don’t want conflict or drama, I usually hold my tongue, am quick to forgive and don’t hold grudges.

Unfortunately, even at my stage in life, peace appears to be completely unobtainable. If karma does exist, what did I do to deserve this?

23 Likes

I wish my husband understood that I really need to move. Away from the passive aggressive neighbor. Out of Mom’s house. Anywhere but here.

21 Likes

I don’t know what I want so here I am.

I’ve become the unpaid therapist for all my friends. All their troubles are bigger than mine presently (which I guess is a good thing?) but right now I have no sounding board.

18 Likes

Dear Viking, If I had a $20 bill for every piece of advertising that you have sent me since returning from my July ‘25 trip, I would be able to afford another trip. I guess if it wasn’t for you & Google Fiber, I would never need to go to my mailbox!

11 Likes

Just as everything was going so well for her, now she has a big issue with her apartment and may need to move. I hate this!

12 Likes

Really frustrated with the auto-editing aspect of posting on this website. Repeatedly need to waste time correcting the auto-corrections.

6 Likes

Wow Parks Canada - You caused us some stress this morning. Today tickets for the shuttle to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake went on sale. I suspect many other things went on sale today for them too.
My H had to get the tickets, and he tried right when they went on sale and there were over 9,000 people in the queue in front of him.
After about 32 minutes he was successful getting our tickets, but for some amount of time it looked like we weren’t going to be able to get them.
We are staying at Moraine Lake Lodge, and it seems like it should be easier since we don’t need any special parking, and are just going from lodge to lodge, but nope, we have to pay, or risk not being able to hike at Lake Louise.
But yay it’s done!

6 Likes

Dear coworker:
Stop interrupting people all the time. You’re a manager now. You should set an example. Demonstrate leadership. You’re not doing that yet. Figure it out.

So 6 months ago my MD ordered a blood test. Today I get a letter saying it isn’t covered by Medicare and I owe $400. And that I was given written notice of this before the test. Which, of course, did not happen. But how do I prove a negative? That happened six months ago??

14 Likes

My husband forgot his hearing aids (which were in the case and not in his ears) at his mother’s today.

We don’t want to burden her to send them back but it’s going to be difficult when we don’t know when we will get back.

She’s 100 miles away

8 Likes

I like working with you but hate eating with you. If you have started a sentence, please finish it before taking another bite of food. Starting a thought, then taking a bite, chewing, swallowing, and then finally finishing the thought is not the most effective way to not be interrupted. And you hate being “interrupted.”

3 Likes

Your single experience is not scientific proof, and thousands of people over decades constitute the “more studies” you say we need. Just admit you are what you are. Your pretentious “reasoned opinion of fact” is not a bit better than a tin hat, so own it.

4 Likes

Ha, Neighbor Who Dislikes Me. I don’t know what your problem is, but geez. At our road association meeting last week (that I missed while in Texas, thank God), you brought up the issue of my paying a couple of invoices with my credit card and then reimbursing myself (and providing complete documentation to everyone). Knowing you, I can just picture how blustery you were - “How dare she!” Fortunately, other neighbors spoke up - “I’ve done that.” “Me, too.” All around the table, even a guy everyone knows is very religious and conscientious. And the previous road treasurer told you she’d done the same thing. So apparently the wind was taken out of your sails. But you’re the secretary, so I will have to deal with you and I’ll be polite. But just grow up. And when are you going to those minutes done? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Here we go again.

3 Likes

How dare you?! Your criticism may have been well-intentioned, but I am so hurt and feel so judged that I do not want to see you.

12 Likes

I would have shared this interesting article but your website doesn’t acknowledge that I am a subscriber even after I log in.

I got home from Texas Monday evening. Tuesday through today (6 days), I worked over 60 hours. I’m so tired! But happy. The project is turning out pretty well and my client is very appreciative. Tomorrow I start on one of my husband’s projects. An abundance of work, that’s for sure.

18 Likes

One will have had two weddings before her sister has one. I don’t think she’ll ever get a ring or a baby :cry:

14 Likes

So thankful for bff’s good health news! No cancer, but they’ll keep an eye out for future issues.

25 Likes