Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

One of the ways I know I am old is that my pleasure in Christmas has shifted from anticipation of gifts when I was a child/young adult to pleasure in spending time with family, good food and in memories of Christmas past (the good ones :wink: ). The Today Show had a segment on fruitcakes this morning and it triggered a childhood memory of my paternal grandmother sending my dad a homemade fruitcake every year. No one else in my family wanted to eat any of it. My mother always made a jam cake and I would sneak around and break off pieces of the brown sugar icing, but I was always scolded for defacing the cake. My brother called this morning on his way to do an errand and we talked about this and his comment was that he hadn’t thought about those things in years. I said same, but I’m glad to have you to remember with me as we are the only ones left to share that memory. A small gift….:heart:

23 Likes

Really stinks to come down with a cold on Christmas Eve! :angry:

25 Likes

Our daughter got her own apartment in August– right here in our town– and has caught one cold after another this year (she is a schoolteacher.) Sure enough, today she woke up really sick again– on Christmas Eve.

So she is nursing her cold alone in her apartment instead of spending Christmas Eve with us, for the first time in her 30 years. And she plans to stay home tomorrow as well, so as not to give us her cold.
We miss her.

24 Likes

I’m working really hard to forgive today. I will never be in her shoes, so I can’t judge. But the hurt she has caused me in keeping my brother from me is difficult to process at this time of year.

22 Likes

I woke up with a ridiculous old song stuck in my head, “Honey”, by Bobby Goldsboro. “She wrecked the car and she was sad, and so afraid that I’d be mad, but what the heck”

Mindless, sexist drivel.

7 Likes

I woke up twice last night. Both times I was dreaming about being abducted by aliens.

:alien: :alien: :alien:

Very strange.

12 Likes

My holiday wish for you all. May all your customer service calls be “very important” to them.

25 Likes

After 15 years of experience, I can say you are the worst most destructive coach I have ever seen. Bad enough you are damaging your own kid with your rage and unreasonable expectations but now you are blowing up the whole team. Funny thing is, the stakes are low so it is doubly pointless.

10 Likes

We’re 60 miles from LEO son but he’s working 2pm-2am, so I have to settle for listening to him on the police scanner. There haven’t been any “good” calls yet, his rating system, not ours. I prefer the garden variety shoplifting calls. The “good” calls are only good once they’re over and he’s safe.

“Good” not good example: “I have three at gunpoint, I’m signal 2*” *Officer needs help

So far people are still trying to stay off the Naughty List on Christmas.

12 Likes

Your complaint reveals more about you than it does about what you are complaining about.

3 Likes

Your grapes. They’re so very, very sour.

2 Likes

I don’t care what the American Academy of Pediatrics say, you do not need to stop the car every hour and move your 0-3 month olds hands and feet. You can still drive here. And when this baby is 2, you don’t have to stop every 90 minutes.

Been a Nana-to-be for 48 hrs and already I am the dumbest person ever, because your bestie has one baby. Clearly it was dumb luck my children ever survived without your expertise. Lord help us all.

14 Likes

Of all the people to listen to, please don’t pay too much attention to that person.

5 Likes

A school with a >30% acceptance rate isn’t “clown college” and is still worth your notice. Stop being an elitist snob.

11 Likes

You see it as I never needed to worry about your LD. I see it as all of my “worry” (advocating, planning, support) is what put you in a position that you can now see it that way.

11 Likes

It is a miracle I made you chicken soup yesterday. I’m still sicker than a dog, and I’m not repeating these heroics today. Why are you so against getting a pizza or something delivered?! And no, you are not driving to pick anything up. Not when you are sick!!

19 Likes

Tell me how you don’t see the light on when you leave the room? Or the kitchen cabinet is open when you get a bowl? Or close the bag of pretzels that you put into said bowl?

Most definitely, why does entering your password on your phone make you so frustrated? You have a password manager on your phone. Or kept in a secure place. But every time, it’s an epic failure!

I love you but sometimes I just need to know why?

15 Likes

You are an awesome H, but … please stop putting the cat bowl you were too lazy to finish washing in the laundry tub. I usually look for it, but I was distracted this morning & put the load of wash in without checking. That was A LOT of cleanup after the dish floated over the drain, the tub overflowed into the laundry room & the water poured through the floor into the basement.

21 Likes

I am really not okay, no.

27 Likes

Apocalypse? It has to be a sign, right?

14 Likes