Y staff — you’re great, but I sure wish you’d do walk-throughs when schools are on break. The woman on the treadmill next to me was talking on her phone the entire time (TG for noise-canceling ear buds) and let her small child play on all of the cardio equipment and the weight machines. I was waiting for disaster to strike.
Apparently ChatGPT is telling anyone who has a runny nose that they should get checked for a cerebrospinal fluid leak. D had seven (7 !!!) of them with that complaint show up in the ER last night.
It is so damn cold outside. All the slush from yesterday has frozen. Puppy and I had a very abbreviated time at the park. I feel bad for him – he didn’t get to run his sillies out. And I feel bad for me too – no long walk in the woods today.
Just when I thought I had everything for the dish I make every NYE, I found out I don’t have any carrots! None. Not even a baby one. Ugh. Another store trip? I hate that.
I convinced my sister to dress up for Mickey’s Halloween party when she & I go to WDW next October. AND I’m going to dress up as Dory in a bit of a DIY costume (gonna make my own back fin & side fins w/cardboard & duct tape) + a bright blue tutu, blue leggings, a blue shirt AND a Dory hat AND…
my sister is going to wear Nemo or Marlin hat + a t-shirt that says “I’m with stupid.”
I CAN’T WAIT! IT’S GOING TO BE AWESOME!
Upon hearing the news of our decision, Spousal Unit said, “You’re going to the Halloween party? That’s dumb. Why are you doing THAT?” Um…DUH! Have you met me lately?
And…THAT is why he is staying home and not going with.
Every single time you make a racist comment on FB I make a donation to the Southern Poverty Law Center. Right now someone is matching donations, so I hope you keep revealing who you really are. But also, shame on you.
Oh dear appliance company. I know you make a good dishwasher, there are several in the family. So we put one in the mountain cabin. You know, the kind of place with intermittent internet, power outages and irregular usage.
So, come here for the New Year. DW is flashing some lights. Aske AI…says ‘electrical problem’..oh ain’t that just grand. Look at the manual…says do a reset. Follow the instructions. It doesn’t work. Breathe deeply, consider day drinking, but go ahead and install the blasted app. Why a DW needs an app to ‘access additional functions’ is beyond me. Meanwhile I call the company - and am on hold for 30 minutes. That’s about how long it takes to get the APP working. Text to support via app - obviously an AI bot. It comes back with a completely (and less terrifying) possible problem. Try that..nope not fixed. Unplug the whole unit and wait 5 minutes. Nope, not fixed. Check water and electrical connections …and then the Customer rep picks up the call. Says ‘let’s do a reset’…and walks me thru the process. Turns out the manual only gives you the FIRST OF THREE STEPS needed to complete a full reset. So, after a full correct version of the reset…we are off and running.
I suggest to the very helpful and friendly rep that maybe they could give some feedback on the issue with the instructions found in the manual. Oh, they are aware. Yup. Steps 2 and 3 are not listed.
I mean what the literal fresh H@ll. How many phone calls could be prevented. Or how many service calls??? Are you really saving money by not adding two additional lines of type.
My brain has frozen…I am currently awaiting full instructions on a complete reset.
Watching NYE times square - here are my observations:
Diana Ross looks great for her age - put on a fun performance - should have just had her for the whole show (skipped the other performers).
What is it with the men’s suits fitting so poorly - both Gronkowski and Seacrest’s suits were horrible, you have the money to buy custom made suits and that is the best you can do?
And what happened to Seacrest’s face - he looks terrible - why do celebrities do this to themselves?
I love my Pilates class and the people in it. Until yesterday.
Five of the six available spots are filled.
Yesterday one of my neighbors came to the class taking the sixth spot. She is very new to Pilates. Several years ago her dog took a giant chunk out of my dog’s head when they were “playing”. She refused to accept responsibility. And now it seems she is going to join the class on a regular basis. I was gritting my teeth the entire time.
I like the social aspect of my group (or liked) but her presence definitely changed the class dynamics. It has taken me so long to get comfortable with this group and all I can think about is her aggressive dog and the $500 plus vet bill.
I know you’re kind of ticked off at me this morning but I don’t know why you insist on hand shoveling the driveway when we have a snowblower - and plenty of money to buy gas! You are 70 years old and not in great shape and have wonky knees. I will do my share of shoveling in the backyard for the dog but don’t look at me like I’m ridiculous and mean because I’m asking you to not overdo it!