“**Could not connect to database because the user is not active.”
**
Then why, when I call your customer service number to speak to an idiot, does your phone system recognize me as a member? It’s January 30 today. For an entire month of coverage, I haven’t been able to access my account online. You guys are morons. But oh so polite on the phone. “You have a nice day!”
I just found out that there was a massive fire at the house three doors down from my childhood home last night (no one was hurt, thankfully). The family that lived there when I lived in the neighborhood has been gone for years, as has my family … but hearing that a home where I spent so much time in my youth burned down is a really eerie feeling.
When kids are deemed to need 1:1 staffing, you choose to ignore that at your own peril.
Autocorrect has made me terrible at spelling.
I just wing it and hope for the best. ![]()
I had to type on the desktop, it was bad!
HP, you have been on the phone with DH for the past hour or more trying to fix the weird wonky IP address that the printer has now generated and it won’t connect the printer to the network or the devices. What a colossal time suck. Thank you, DH for trying so hard for the past two days to fix this problem!!
So sad….my (and about thousands of other folks) temporary joy is fading. Eagles Jackie and Shadow have been gone from the nest together for almost 5 hours and left the eggs alone and open - they do not do that without being close by. However, 2 ravens have decided to start destroying the eggs. We don’t know where Jackie & Shadow are or why they left the eggs that long. Perhaps they knew they were not fertile even though they have been brooding for almost 6 days. ![]()
It’s the best type of news. It could have gone the other way and our lives would have changed.
Going to take this as a smack upside the head…stop with intentionally doing things that are just not good for mental health. Stop with the daily wrangling and engaging with toxicity.
My parents sold the 1970s-era house I grew in a few years ago to a family with a couple toddlers. The family said they’d love to raise their children there. Well that young family just resold it and when I saw the pictures on Zillow I was shook. The family completely gutted the interior - including removing walls and moving staircases - and made every surface either grey or white. It looked awful. No young family could ever live there when that amount of renovation was underway - and the extensive renovation probably took a year. Now I wonder if they were just high-end flippers. I am in mourning.
You sent photos of the decorated baby shower space that none of your family is attending. I feel kind of bad now knowing that no one from our side is going, but you know what? I’m not losing sleep over it. Why? Maybe because you didn’t go to our son’s wedding, and no one was invited to either of your sons’ weddings. You’ve attended family Christmas once in eight years. If you want to make a show about the importance of family, well, it’s a two-way street, but we end up doing all the driving.
I am relieved that dh is working tomorrow, the day of the shower, so that we had an excuse to not make the almost four-hour drive, but if you extended yourself even a little, I would have made the effort to go alone. Because that’s what you do for family. Except you rarely do.
I am cold. It is so cold outside. I slept with 2 pair of socks on and 2 pair of pajama pants on. I don’t know if I will ever get warm. (We do have heat, I am just a cold person!)
If you only test my TSH, and not anything else related, we are going to have the same conversation about my emotional regulation where we disgree about the root problem. I should have hoarded my levo and just changed the dose on my own when I was done sweeping up all my hair and weeping for no reason at all. Why do doctors always think a woman’s problem is in her head?
2026 if I give you a mulligan for January can we please get this right? 2023-2025 has done me in. Praying 2026 will be different and I can find some peace.
World, thank you for sending me that unexpected text today from an old friend.
Dear person who couldn’t find their passport upon arrival in Grand Cayman, and caused our flight to have to turn around to potentially take you back to US… You eventually found your passport, and went on with your day. BUT, you caused a major delay, and you messed up many people’s connections. THANKS… NOT!!!
There is no reason for your sister to know everything about my surgery. The basics I’ve shared should be it. And, if anything additional, it should come from me. We’ve agreed in the past that she’s a busybody.
Thank you, Acquaintance, for calling me today to ask how I’m doing. I haven’t even spoken to you in a couple of years. But you heard I’d had a rough time lately and wanted me to know you’d been thinking of me. Amazing what a call like that can do!
There have been some great tribute sets on the Grammys. But not so sure I needed to see Justin Bieber in his boxers.
So you think we should have a copy of the travel insurance? Look in the folder!
So you think we should have a copy of the visas? Look in the folder!
Just look in the bleeping folder before asking!
After spending hours uploading documents so that you, a third party provider, can now write my prescriptions as my insurance now requires, you are now asking for a document that doesn’t exist.
You know what would solve this problem. If my damn insurance company let my doctor, who actually knows my name and test results, prescribe the medication rather than someone who has never seen my face. I’m thinking most of it is AI.
Karma helped me - after the big “door dent” on vacation, I realized my flight was almost $200 cheaper than I paid last summer, so I got flight credit (close to $400 total).
THEN when I took the car back, the operations manager at Hertz said “don’t worry about it… I’ll take care of it.” That was so kind of him. It was bigger than a little door ding, and there was definitely an indent.