Awwwwwwe - Jackie laid her first egg of 2026. I follow the Big Bear Valley California eagles Jackie and Shadow and watched her not hatch her 3 eggs in 2024, hatch and fledge 2 of her 3 babies in 2025, and she just laid her first egg of 2026. This brings me joy, calm, peace - I need it this week.
A few more trips on that stretch of the 405, and I will be ready to hit the curves of any F1 track! Can’t wait for that construction to be over!
After hanging up with my sister today, I was raging. No family has called to ask how my kids are doing. Although considering how that call went with my sister, I think it’s better for family relations that they continue to avoid me. The deal is … I’m not sure I even want a relationship with them. If only I could get dh on board …
A gentle reminder that this is not the Politics Forum. Please restrict political comments, subtle and overt, to that forum. We truly appreciate your cooperation with this guideline. Thanks for your understanding.
Is there a psychological term for someone who posts everything that ever happened on Facebook?
She has always posted a lot about her kids (now 16-27) and she also reposts the memories as they come up. And, the kids’ college essays. And their applications and acceptances. And also all the memories of her mom —AND just this week, she reposted an image of her freshly dead mom’s CORPSE in recognition of her death two years ago.
Surely, there is a diagnosis for this level of sharing.
Hon, please don’t talk about selling the house right now. My mental bandwidth is all taken up already.
Definitely going to have as fireplace insert installed in my basement family room area. Will also probably spring to have an another gas fireplace insert installed on the main floor living. The 2 fireplaces are almost directly above each other so running gas line from the basement to the main level shouldn’t be too difficult.
Insurance in case of a power outage since we have electric heat.
Ugh. Not the news we wanted, but the news we were afraid of. But also not the worst. We’ll get through it together.
Not enough that I have a surgery deductible and copay to cover in the morning, but I also got to pay for an emergency dental exam this morning. Dentist is pretty sure I’ll need an extraction and an implant. More $$. ![]()
At least I start abx + all the painkillers tomorrow.
I don’t know if it’s OK for me to post on here but I just wanted to express my self
OK this was strange: someone rings my doorbell multiple times and knocks on my door. (I was waiting on an Amazon delivery).
I look through the window and I see two men who are in camo gear, pointing to my freshly cut lawn. Their clothing labels say “fire ~something”.
I wave and close my window shutters.
I’m sorry but I just don’t trust anyone, anymore, and I am not opening my door for two men.
My flight or flight alert came up immediately. Now I’m wondering how often this happens to other people.
Ok, this was a 1st for me. I looked up my charges online for Chase sapphire reserve. One of the charges was for a restaurant we haven’t dined at in years. I called the restaurant and they said they didn’t store any cards so if I was charged I must have dined in, which I said I didn’t. They advised me to call chase (card issuer). I called chase and they were all set to cancel card but I told them I wanted to charge something on Saturday and would call them back afterwards to cancel and get new card. Sunday, I called and talked to new person at Chase. Told her date and amount of charge and she said it was for ABC restaurant, not XYZ restaurant that online statement had stated. I said I had indeed eaten at ABC restaurant but not XYZ. She said there’s no XYZ, even tho online statement has it. In any case, no fraud and no new card needed. Very weird!
Fortunately I’m canceling this card pretty soon, as soon as S gets all the benefits he wants from it. It’s the 1st time I’ve had this very off experience. I do have another Chase card that I have NOT had this problem with.
When I told S, he was very non-plussed and says it’s a coding error by the bank but the seller/vendor will be paid properly. He says he’s had it happen from time to time and sometimes he gets more “points” if it’s miscatagorized than if it was in the correct category.
To the person who put a huge door ding on our rental car, and left no note -
KARMA will catch up with you!
Dear son who starts a new job next week… you know your wife is very sick, and you should try to stay away from her so you don’t get sick… just sayin
I hate all specialty pharmacies, dealing with them is always, always difficult
It always takes forever and there are pitfalls and incompetence. Every single one and I’m dealing with the 3rd one.
We haven’t watched anything on DVD in over 5 yr. Why do we need 3 bins of DVDs? Movies that we literally will never watch again. And even if we did want to watch them, we’d rent it on a streaming service.
So I’m tossing them quietly one DVD at a time once a week at the bottom of the trash bin Shawshank Redemption style. Nobody in my family has noticed or cared. So the DVD purge continues. ![]()