Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Kudos to those brave Girl Scouts who were out manning their cookie sale table in front the PetSmart store this afternoon. Wind chill puts the temperature well into the below zero range, plus it’s super windy. It’s blowing 20mph with higher gusts.

I bought 6 boxes from them.

14 Likes

Omg it’s cold outside! Windy too.

3 Likes

Sitting for a spell to relax and enjoy the Olympics. And just remembering how stressful it is watching so many athletes on the very edge of crashing. Yikes!

Flipping between big air snowboarding and alpine skiing.

May need to include curling and cross country skiing breaks in between to get my heart rate back down.

3 Likes

Yes, I did see your social media post. And, yes I did respond to it. By unfriending you.

12 Likes

Is it really true that they’re interrupting a Bad Bunny concert with a football game ???!!!

12 Likes

The very last person I have had any (online only) contact with from my biological father’s side of the family was a female cousin, a few years younger than me. Sadly (I think) I had to disconnect from her several months back. I left the proverbial door ajar. About 2 weeks ago I did a “drop by” to her social media page to see if maybe there had been a change of heart on her part based on all the stuff that’s been happening (I would have liked that). In the process I learned that her mother (my aunt) who she was caretaker for, passed. Part of me wants to send a “I’m sorry for your loss” note, but the other part of me has to simply stay away, after noticing there’s been no adjustment on her part, regarding the reason I cut off in the first place.

So I’ll say it here…I know how much energy and work you put into providing your mother a safe and healthy place to live out her last years. While she couldn’t remember that you were her daughter, I am certain she was eternally grateful. A mother daughter bond is like no other. May her memory be for a blessing.

17 Likes

Please and thank you.

12 Likes

Umm, English would be nice? Or a translation?

3 Likes

That was just a lesson on America, the melting pot and the joy of embracing your culture. BRAVO.

22 Likes

OMG they do shoot fireworks off the Space Needle today!

2 Likes

I have been to many operas performed in foreign (to me) languages. I enjoyed them just the same. But oh, none of them were as fun as the halftime show tonight!

22 Likes

Can we please end this misery now? I want to watch the Olympics!!

I’m so ready to watch someone to get a Gatorade shower! :rofl:

4 Likes

All.The.Fireworks. :tada::tada::tada::clinking_glasses:

:blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

I and my dog hate loud fireworks. Surely people can’t have that many more stashed from last July? (Not a response to the previous post. Just shared geography.)

1 Like

While I didn’t understand most of the lyrics, I wholly understood what was being said. The energy, the love for the culture, the blending of individuals…all of it. Didn’t need to understand the words, you could follow along with the story being told with the set!

Bravo Bad Bunny!

23 Likes

Today is one of those days I’m realizing why I have always handled everything.

I am so fed up with H.

14 Likes

Fed Ex - you never cease to disappoint. After all of this mess where every time you did something else vs what you said on the phone and/or the app said… today it says we must be there between 10:20-2:20. H takes off work again (and again, no pay) and is waiting at the front door with it open. I check the app at 10:35 and it says “We tried to deliver it at 10:29am. We will try again tomorrow.” That is complete utter bullsh!t. Even if we didn’t have a Ring doorbell that catches who comes to our door, H has been waiting at the door watching for someone the whole time!!! A truck never even drove past our house!

So now he gets to try to call stupid customer service again. FedEx BLOWS!!!

Edit - H called customer service who said that the driver “noticed something funny (most likely damaged) with the package, so now it has to come back to facility where it will be inspected. You will hear from us in a few days.” OH MY BLEEPING GAWD! It looked fine when they were on our porch Saturday - when they weren’t supposed to be there! H said he’s about to vomit. This is a collector’s item, so it’s not like you can just get a replacement…

10 Likes

I’m back to say I found the Spanish transcript - dropped it into a translation program and, not surprising to me, he did NOT denigrate women or say horrible things.

Puerto Rican Spanish is a language all its own - like Castilian Spanish (or the various Portuguese dialects)

He mostly praised his native land, Puerto Rico, for its resiliency. And sang about girls he knows (or wish they knew him!) and a little about the hurricane and rebuilding and how “they” (developers I assume) are trying to separate his grandma from her home.

He’s 31, has a long life ahead (knock wood) and so yes, some lyrics are superficial. But my favorite was his ending statement…

Now everyone wants to be Latino. No, but it lacks flavor, beats, and reggaetón. Hey, hey, I shout with my crew, we are a lot. It lacks flavor, beats, and reggaetón. Hey, hey, watch out with my crew, we are a lot. Welcome to the heat, in the morning coffee for everyone. We’re already on the street, get off your boat. We’re at the forefront of your morning. God bless America, whether Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Tila, Antilla, United States, Canada, Modland, my homeland, Puerto Rico, We are still here. Now yes. Kiss and hug. Thank you very much.

:peace_symbol:

15 Likes

It’s time I learned that I should think – twice – before I speak.

4 Likes

Can we try being proactive, rather than reactive? Just once? Pretty please…

4 Likes