Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

That was a close call. Thankfully it turned out okay, but what about next time?

5 Likes

Alyssa Farah Griffin isn’t on The View today, because she’s in active labor! I don’t know why this has me in my feels, but it does. Remember when our kids weren’t even born yet and it was all in front of us? Gosh, wishing her and her dh all the good things.

And, yes, I need a grandchild.

8 Likes

This feels so typical - come at me, then when I can provide the “receipts” (as the saying goes) you ghost me. Next time I’ll just ignore.

1 Like

Oh boy. Another bunch of mysterious symptoms.

9 Likes

I hate scammers! I’m dealing with enough other stuff right now, I really didn’t need scammers to join the “ party” !

10 Likes

Well the choice is radiation or surgery, and I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to have an opinion bc it isn’t me they are working on. Prognosis is the same – very good – either way but I feel like 2 weeks of recovery vs 3 months of radiation and androgen therapy makes a pretty good case for surgery. Is it the idea of it? Or the catheter part? Men are such babies about the simplest things. I love you. Hang in there.

26 Likes

I swear I’m receiving 2 Breaking News updates an hour today. :flushed_face:

2 Likes

I think I am learning that sometimes it is better to say nothing rather than try to share an experience, be helpful or reassuring as there is always someone who is going to know better.

6 Likes

At my Zoom meeting the other night I was fantastic at (1) keeping my mouth shut, (2) not volunteering for anything, even though there were two things I knew I could do better than anyone else. I am very proud of myself!!

22 Likes

Will someone just please BUY this darned building?!?! I’m bloody tired of contracts falling through due to no fault of ours! And for the 37,268th time, I will NOT be president for a fourth term. Someone else is going to need to step up and move us forward. Of course, noone wants the job because now they know that to do it properly, it requires far more commitment, cat herding and hours per week than anyone is willing to tackle.

I haven’t sewn in over three years. My fabric is calling. My sanity requires some creative time. Our dog starts chemo tomorrow. A good friend just lost her mom. The pastor of the church who was going to buy our building had a major cardiac event and the prognosis is poor. I need to recharge my batteries so I can deal with the current reality.

Rant over!

27 Likes

“Always” is a long time, and never is 0 times. Both are very strong words, and people who use them are often wrong.

14 Likes

I guess it’s a-hole driver day today. Wow!

Does anyone taking a gap year actually spend it working at The Gap ?

4 Likes

Feel confident that I’m not alone in this. When I sit down to enjoy a juicy steak, I cut 5 pieces before every bite; I have 4 dogs…

…and then I wonder why I never find steak to be fulfilling.

5 Likes

Happy G/Valentine’s Day to every one in this wonderful CC family! You are loved. :heart:

23 Likes

Spouse just received a third admonishment for failure to take a lunch break. Outstanding reviews save for failure to take lunch breaks or full 15 minute breaks during AM & PM hours.

I guess that this is one reason why some folks start their own business.

Interesting, and somewhat confusing, to me that working too much is a serious workplace offense.

Because of the intense concentration required, some jobs/workers/employees should be permitted to work as long as it takes to get the job done so long as the individual is delivering a superb work product.

In contrast, consider Biglaw where one who delivers a high quality work product is rewarded with more work. Makes sense to me.

FCC Reaches Final Decision On Bad Bunny’s Halftime Show - ultimately found no violations -

Raise your hand if you’re surprised. No? Me either.

23 Likes

You have to be a man.

2 Likes

Oh, Lesley Stahl. Please learn how to pronounce Lodz before saying the town’s name on the air.

3 Likes

Oh son, I hope you’re wrong, I hope you’re wrong, I hope you’re wrong. I so hope you’re wrong.

30 Likes