Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

I just saw a commercial from the Sandy Hook Promise group - the little girl and her teddy bear. I’m crying like a baby. What a heartbreaking ad. :broken_heart:

11 Likes

Hey…I did in 5 min what you could have done a month ago. You’re not busier than the rest of us. We all have the same amount of stuff to do. So quit your griping and JUST DO IT!

3 Likes

The most BASIC car wash option available has increased price from $7 to $11 since the first of the year. Guess the water or soap they are using must be from another country that tariffs are in play! :wink: :woman_gesturing_no:

7 Likes

Oh my. What should we spend DH’s RMD on?? Let’s just say…we have very different ideas!

17 Likes

Need to replace my struts. No biggie. Standard maintenance. Only the price of parts (and these aren’t cheap parts) has doubled because of tariffs.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Feeling old today, my 32 year old daughter is showing me her grey hairs!

10 Likes

I am dealing with absolutely nicest customer service person.

I ordered a stuffed animal for grand child #4 on Saturday and realized Sunday when I looked at the order confirmation email, that I had used my billing address as the mailing address. So I tried calling the company, but it was closed on Monday for President’s Day. I sent an email around 2pm Monday and got a response back around 9 pm Monday evening informing me that the customer service person had made the address change I requested. That was wonderful and easy.

I just got another email this evening telling me that unfortunately the item I ordered was now out of stock. He offered to allow me to substitute another item or refund my money. If I substituted another [same price] item, as an apology for the inconvenience he would add an additional stuffed plush animal to order for free.

Wow! The customer service rep really went above and beyond on this!

So many times, contacting customer service is an exercise in futility or irritation. But this company has really won me over and I will be purchasing other items from them in the future.

20 Likes

Among the worst clothing brand names ever—LRG.

I purchased athletic clothing items for relatives. One needed a size large sweatpants. Got the last one. I ship the items out of state to my relatives as gifts. Tag had a large LRG label. Unfortunately, the tiny print stated “small”. Fortunately, the cashier verbalized every item purchased which alerted me to exchange the LRG small for an LRG large.

2 Likes

Comcast/Xfinity I am paying over $300 a month for my tv and internet. What can’t you send someone out to my house to figure out why my tv isn’t working???

12 Likes

Sometimes I wish we could keep our comments more related to the thread itself, instead of making it about “us.” We already have lots of threads about “us.”

11 Likes

WTH Apple? My 3rd iPad and now my 3rd Apple Pencil. Nothing is compatible :enraged_face:

3 Likes

You really want me to change the date of the memorial service??? Even if your kids can’t make it, I’m happy to help you get there. Yes, I know you don’t fly. . . .

11 Likes

You always do this. Always. Whenever I say, “I’m [insert feeling here], you have to one-up it by telling me how [insert feeling here] you are. And then you’re off and running talking about yourself. It’s taken me as many years as I am old to realize that, but now that I have, I can’t unrealize it.

14 Likes

Dumb rant, but it’s irritating me WAY more than it should…

I’m part of a user group at work. There are maybe 50 people in this group. The head sent out an email asking us to take a survey, and to please have it done by next week. The survey is literally 1-2 questions. Are you willing to give us your cell number as an emergency contact. If yes, what is it?

For the love of God, why does EVERYONE feel the need to reply all with “DONE?” Just do it. There is no need to broadcast it to the world. The head of the group can see who did it or not… I refuse to reply…

14 Likes

Guess Who is going to the Springsteen concert? Me and my daughters and one spouse ( limited to 4 tickets). They are also excellent tickets.

28 Likes

I was behind a Bentley in the car pick-up line at the grandkids’ school today.

7 Likes

Why the bleep does a hotel with the word “scenic” in its name put a tour bus parking lot directly in front of guest rooms and between those rooms and the scenic view!?

8 Likes

Going away for 5 nights - during that time the temperature is going to range from 33 to 84 - how do I pack for that?

8 Likes