You are such a baby. Things don’t go your way so you throw a tantrum and choose to make things more painful. ![]()
Being a bear sounds really good about now. Work hard all summer to gain a ton of weight. Sleep all winte. Wake up skinny. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I’ll expound more later.
My mom is dying. We were just with her this week, it was a good visit but I could tell that she was much worse than I saw her in December. I left her yesterday, couldn’t get ahold of her so I asked her IL to do a wellness check. They found her door open and mom on the floor of the bathroom. We have a meeting with hospice tomorrow.
While I am not fighting with my sibling I’m not exactly chummy either. We’ve had a falling out and I’m not interested in her drama and infighting. My sibling is flying home from Florida
My niece texts us this while I left mom to get some food
She (meaning my mother) just told me she’s killing herself because she can’t take it anymore with myself and my sibling fighting. Work it out ladies
My son said, WTH is my niece doing?
Buckle up!
Just heard a report that TSA precheck and global entry will be closing at 6pm Sunday due to lack of funding.
FYI for anyone traveling, be sure to get to the airport early.
I hardly ever travel by plane - maybe once a year - so today is the day - major noreaster - TSA shutdowns - flight already delayed - I think I am in for a very long day.
One bright spot of having a blizzard on a Sunday is there is nothing to do but to do my taxes. Done and filed.
Reminder that this is a no reply thread. TIA!
So, so tired of the F word being used over and over and over again in casual conversation by the younger crowd. Do they not know other adjectives? Really, even if they substituted the F word with “DOG” it would be bad grammer as they use it multiple times in the same sentence…..it’s just so pathetically lazy and even though not meant to be, offensive to some of us. Yes, I roll my eyes, when I hear it tossed out without any sense of “is it appropriate use and will it offend someone”. And yes, I realize it is not their job to determine if I’m offended but courtesy and class alone should stifle some of it.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!!!
(Going back to my pre-Vatican II altar boy days…)
Anyone who begins a sentence with “Me and (my buddy, my father, my wife, my anything) …” immediately loses credibility with me.
My mind goes blank and I can’t process the rest of the sentence.
There’s good people out there. Thanks to 1 QT security guard and 3 moving company employees who all paid attention, called 911, and then purposely moved the moving van to block a child abductor’s pick-up truck in the gas station parking lot, a young child is back with her parents now. The Amber Alert system worked.
It’s just like Mr. Rogers used to say…look for the helpers. ![]()
They’re everywhere.
If I were you, I wouldn’t make any plans to be on the Wheaties box….
please stop treating pain management as a distant second issue. To the person in pain and their loved ones, it’s just as important as the underlying problem.
Feeling thankful for hot food, hot shower, warm home. Praying for those suffering in the cold.
Thankful for first responders, utility workers, snow plowers, police and fire fighters.
Your best bet at this time is to ■■■■. Your grapes remain sour and nothing is going to change the result.
Dear Spousal Unit’s BFF,
So sorry to hear that you’re getting a divorce. Super glad that you & Spousal Unit were able to reconnect and spend some time together. Wish you hadn’t stayed away for as long as you did, but we’ve known for a long time that it was because of STBXW (soon-to-be-ex-wife). May your divorce proceedings go smoothly. You’re a good egg.
BFF’s STBXW,
I’ve always thought you were a ____. The only reason I’ve ever been polite & nice to you was out of respect for Spousal Unit’s long-standing friendship with your H. You always have been, and always will be:
- rude
- self-righteous
- pushy
- demanding
- full of Karen/Jessica behavior
- a mean girl
- the sort of person who wears their religion on their sleeve and makes a big deal about appearing to do all the right things in front of people, but when you’re done with weekly religious services attendance, you go right back to being a snarky mean girl
You screwed up a good thing. Good luck to you. I hope your youngest adult child moves out of your house and moves in with her dad instead because he’ll be a far better influence on her than you are. I’m glad that we won’t ever have to see you or speak to you again. People like you are the reason why people avoid going to church. And how you treat people working in the service industry? You should be ashamed of yourself. You are not a nice person. But you’ve been this way for, like, 35 years. You’re not going to change. At least your H finally woke up before it was too late.
I got 4 bags of groceries today. Nothing fancy, no convenience foods, no meds. DIsh detergent, frozen meatballs, veggies, cheap ground turkey, store brand yogurt and a splurge purchase of seltzer. Admittedly, got some favorite gf bread and cereal, always pricey. We have money, people who don’t are going hungry, they have to be at these prices.
4 bags. $195. The “affordability crisis is fake” people can bite me.
Welp, here’s one family who won’t be attending Devils games for the foreseeable future – making plans to watch the Sirens– much better role models for my sports loving granddaughter.
