Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

There is an angel, maybe more than one, in my new condo community. Every week on garbage day, an early riser puts my can back by the garage door so I don’t have to trudge down the driveway in snow. There’s kindness here.

34 Likes

I’ve asked you for a couple of years now about your A-1C & if you’re pre-diabetic. You told me it was fine. Now after your latest physical and blood work, you tell me that you’ve moved from pre-diabetic to diabetic. Too much sugar, too many carbs, too much food in general. I hope the meds work. I’m glad you decided to ask about them before your appointment, but I really wish you’d been honest with me.

12 Likes

So in reference to a sad post I made about a month ago, Jackie and Shadow, 2 bald eagles in Southern California that I follow on Facebook and YouTube laid their clutch of eggs in late January. Within a week or so, ravens raided the nest and destroyed the 3 eggs. Well, late yesterday afternoon Jackie laid the first egg of her 2nd clutch and here we go again. A 2nd clutch can only happen if all eggs in the first clutch are lost in some manner and if it is still early enough in the season for successful hatching to allow for growth and training of baby eagles. Watching daily to see if she will lay any more and hoping the incubation period and hatching go well so we can watch more baby eagles grow and fledge! It’s amazing how much joy I get from watching an eagle family 2,200 miles away on camera. (I actually have a husband and adult son checking on these eagles daily as well!)

19 Likes

Why is it that European – or heavily European influenced (looking at you Montreal) – hotel bathrooms all have flooring surfaces so slick they rival black ice??? Yes the highly polished, glass finish, fake marble tiles from floor to ceiling look great. But holy ice skating, the physical and mental control needed to not kill yourself is taxing.

And no, the little towel ‘bathmat’ doesn’t help. It just give you greater distance when slipping.

9 Likes

Send out evites to my mother’s 95th birthday brunch for Sunday a month ago. Reminders when out last week and again yesterday to those that haven’t replied. Each of these people opened the original invitation as I can see that; why is it so difficult to reply? Yes, 4 of you are not local, so assume you aren’t coming if you didn’t reply, but really, how hard is it to click a button in the email?

One person told my aunt, his grandmother, that he didn’t reply as he and his GF were both invited and he is the only one coming. He said he didn’t know how to show it would just be him. These people are all between 20-40; this is not the first evite they have received. My 101 year old MIL knows how to reply!

18 Likes

Reason #468 for Why I Love Living in a Small Town: walking my dog past the post office, a very elderly man called to me “ Can I give your dog a biscuit?” “Yes” As he fed and patted Cinnamon he said “Thank you. I do this in honor of my old dog”.

37 Likes

Not my favorite day.

  1. After we closed escrow on the house we sold, we were told that there are issues with the permit for the new heat pump we installed and that we are still on the hook for any and all new regulations that the city has decided on, but given realtors and sellers no instructions about.
  2. The seller of the house we are buying is genuinely a jerk and has cut every corner that he can to save himself a dime. It’s a bad sign when the selling agent is giving us part of her commission just to get this deal done.
  3. The gardener who did the final clean up for our house (literally mowing a small lawn) charged me $250, but because I didn’t know this was happening, I couldn’t talk to him about it beforehand to get a lower agreed upon price. It’s not worth the fight now.
  4. I backed out of my driveway today…into a car.

Calgon, take me away.
(I know tomorrow will be better, and I am grateful that we can pay for these things, but I am ready to close my checkbook for a while.)

29 Likes

I need a mental break from everything right now! So glad I head to Maui on Tuesday!

20 Likes

I am SO sick of being sick! Had an upper respiratory virus mid January, got over that but left with lots of sinus and ear issues but otherwise felt pretty good, was living my life, etc.

Two weeks ago today, woke up with similar symptoms but with an awful cough and low grade fevers. 2 antibiotics later, clean chest x-ray (thankfully) I still don’t feel 100%. Clearly wasn’t a sinus infection - waste of antibiotic use! Thankfully, the cough has finally subsided. I really struggle with health anxiety so this has been just great for that…UGG.

More importantly and adding to the stress and anxiety, my sweet mom’s cancer has grown a lot and that is all a big black, sad cloud looming . Waiting on next steps, if there are any. 2026 has been rough.

31 Likes

The prescription that cost $50/ a month is now going to be $639/month! I need to find other options.

26 Likes

HA! Filed our taxes despite your best bureacratic stupid system glitches. Definitely not feeling the ROI today…

6 Likes

SIL survived the layoffs, but he will be responsible for about 3x the work he had … and he was already working extremely hard (which I assume is why he survived). I’m glad I’m retired and no longer part of this world of work that values people (in favor of profits) less and less every day.

23 Likes

You obviously did not check this person’s attendance as a temp agency hire before offering them a full-time job. They have never made it through a full week without either calling in “sick” or late. You were stupid enough to hire them as full-time right before a week-long break that was followed by two snow days, which you ended up paying them for. And upon return after eleven days off? The pattern continues.

6 Likes

My bff got some bad health news. Nothing terminal but something that surely could affect her quality of life for the rest of her life. I’ve offered to fly out for her surgery. We’ve only texted, but I can tell she’s shook. Wish I could be there right now.

26 Likes

I have no words.

15 Likes

This is not going well and I am getting scared.

21 Likes

Next hurdle is dealing with my son being on Medicare AND Medicaid. Good grief. You’d think they could send a letter outlining what you should do. But no… I thought I could decline Medicare for him, but it’s required (since it’s a Federal program and Maine wants the Feds to pay whatever they will first).

It’s so frustrating, because Medicaid alone has been fabulous, but the combination of the two programs is going to be hard. Now I’ll have to get pre-approval for his six-month injectable, which is time-sensitive. Even a very short delay in administration could jeopardize his stability.

23 Likes

Thinking of you today, son, and sending big hugs. I’m sure today is not a normal day for you.

38 Likes

You’re upset that the aides cleaned up the piles of stuff you’ve been leaving around her room, put the things in the cupboards, and cleaned the table & the top of the fridge (while she was napping)? You want to fire them? Biting my tongue clean through right now.

13 Likes

Another day…another issue with something in the house. Now it’s the camera for the garage door ( which is on the back alley) that’s off line and I need to troubleshoot.

So tired of the constant “ brain teasers”. I love my house but can’t wait to sell and rent an apartment.

16 Likes