You’re letting your 4 year old decide when he is comfortable enough to stay alone with a grandparent or a babysitter? No date nights in 4 years? I fear for your marriage.
This is a three-strikes-and-we’re-out kind of day. We’ve had three big strikes and I’m plumb worn out.
Cyber son did not get home until 4AM today, got a few winks, and went back to work. These are not normal times.
It’s a great day! I’ve been wanting to see P!nk live for over a decade. I just scored tickets for me & my baby woman for May, who has also wanted tp see her live for over a decade!
Whoo hoo! Happy Mother’s Day to me!
I have been looking forward to you leaving the house for the entire day without me for the entire week. I have my whole day planned and it centers around you actually leaving. I just want you to leave. Not dry the dishes and leave them on the counter. Not waste more milk heating too much for your 20th cup of coffee. I am exhausted. Please just load the car and leave.
UFC. UGH. No amount of spin will make it “mainstream” in my mind.
I’m not an 8 year old girl, nor am I a big fan of either girl groups or K-pop. So why can’t I get “Golden” out of my head? ![]()
“That’s the way it is…” OH. MY. F. GOD.
Well, he wasted enough time and energy on you. Don’t count on any help from him should your employer show you the door.
Why are you obsessed with bathroom facilities??? One, you take meds for this. Two, you are a man so can literally pee anywhere standing up. You are making this not fun. And I hate and am worried that you are so worried about it.
Went to a new primary care physician last week (since we moved to a new state). My cholesterol was a little high and my blood pressure was a little high. Mostly because they have lowered the limits in recent years, but also looking at my past vitals (from my old doctors) they both fluctuate quite a bit from a little above and then a little below the suggested level.
She suggested I think about drugs for both, which I declined. Now I go into my health portal and she added to my list of current medical conditions hypertension and high cholesterol.
Now every specialist I go to will think I have major issues which I don’t. UGH!
I’m not offended that you called me vanilla face, but it actually means the opposite of what you meant. The vanilla bean is very dark brown, almost black.
It bothers me that the word vanilla has come to mean what it has, but what can one do?
Decision 1 - a few weeks ago declined to buy Bruce Springstein tix; Decision 2 - bought my Eagles tix today with awesome seating! All because Decision 1 was hard to do, but worked out better for me in the end.
I was thinking about this today as I saw a post about someone who had applied to a number of schools and couldn’t afford to attend because of budget.
Last summer, my sister-in-law texted us about a situation with a relative who had gotten into a local university, but apparently couldn’t afford the housing. I Didn’t think about until two weeks before the semester started, because I got an urgent text about calling SIL.
I called her and she asked me if I knew anything about housing at that (private Catholic expensive) uni, and I said, “No, you should contact the housing office and they can give you leads to local apartments that have reduced rent for students.”
Then SIL “explains” that her relative (and parents) know that we live in the city and SIL was hoping that we “would be good to their daughter and provide housing?”.
[Please understand that our daughter and our son moved back in with us because the rents in San Diego are insanely expensive. We’re talking $3k to ($4ka month just for a one bedroom in our area.) Our kids are saving their money to buy property.]
She didn’t know.
I really thought she was joking and I said “where are we gonna put her, in the garage? And the idiot SIL said “yes, that would work!”
And I said “no, absolutely not!” Then she thought I was kidding.
“You won’t house her?”
I told her that the child would not be comfortable living in our home with no space to call her own. Then I made the mistake of asking her, “What were they gonna do if we said no?”
So stupid SIL says “well I told them that you would do it.”
Before my brother passed away I told him that his wife had some serious spectrum issues.
So I told her “you need to tell them we can’t provide housing”.
And stupid SIL says, “well, I already told them you would and all you would have to do is drive her down there. She could get a ride back to your house. I know you’re retired so I know it wouldn’t put a lot on you.”
I said, “you never asked us!” and she replies, “ why I’m asking you now. I already gave them your address.”
I told her, “that’s your problem. I never said yes; it’s your problem.”
From what I understand, they put her up at an Airbnb for about a month. It became too expensive with Uber and the girl had to drop out.
Yes, I felt badly for this poor child, but her relatives have got to know what my SIL is like. This SIL has consistently done this kind of crap and my brother always fixed it. Now that my brother’s gone, I don’t feel responsible or obligated for her errors in judgment.
Let’s just say…one of my kids was supposed to do an international service and work trip for three weeks. At this point, it’s on hold. I understand why…but this trickle down is affecting a lot of things most folks would never even think about. Call me…disgusted.
I’m just realizing (far too late in life) that too many of my clothes are garbage. Not cheap garbage, but looking at the fiber content and workmanship they are very overpriced garbage. Well, no more! Acrylic and polyester, I’m breaking up with you once and for all! No matter how attractive it seems or how good a deal it seems to be, I’ll never buy another sweater that is more than 20% acrylic and I’m definitely donating every one I’ve bought for this season. As for polyester, it’s nearly impossible to avoid it entirely no matter what the price point is but anything that’s made with mostly polyester fiber is never happening again, and ideally no more than 20%. Fast fashion should be entirely off the table for everyone; it’s an environmental disaster as well as an opportunity for exploitation of vulnerable workers. For this summer, if it’s not 100% cotton, linen or silk, it’s not coming into the house!
Whew, rant over (that felt good).
Sobering letter from the USNA Supe to the brigade of midshipmen:
Our son at Cyber Joint Forces has had little sleep since Saturday. The stakes are definitely real for him now.
I was just on vacation with my adult daughter. She was shocked that I was clueless about the 6 7 meme and I was shocked that she hadn’t heard that Savannah Guthrie’s mother was missing!
It really frustrates me when I have to pay more because of someone else’s lack of action, and when people pick a higher cost option because someone else is paying for it.



