I’m tired of incorrect prices showing up for products I search for … I went to a local superstore for deodorant based on the Google search sponsored ad stating that it was on sale at that particular location at a very good price for $x. I am now reporting incorrect information, and I drove down the road to purchase it at another store … same price, but no misleading ads.
Several schools on lockdowns around the state today from bomb/gun threats. A few in our area. Two of my three work in education settings. One is a principal, one is in higher education. In a place build for learning, what are we teaching our children???
![]()
Oh, my gosh, hon, just buy an iPhone already! I’m happy to take care of your technological crises, but I don’t have an android and really don’t want to learn a new device. It took me forever to figure out how to delete voice mails on your phone. I don’t want to do this again!
Another “brain teaser” this morning. I’m tired of this.
Almost 9 dollars for a matcha drink. You’re delicious but it’s crazy. The place is filled with almost 20 college aged students.
For the most part, other than the very occasional glass of wine, I have stopped drinking alcohol. It was a problem for me. I have an app that I use to stay on track.
So why, dear husband, would you think a trip with your family to visit bourbon distilleries is something I would want to do? When I told you months ago that was something I was not interested in participating in? Quit making me the bad guy. I’m happy with the choices I’m making.
There must be something wrong with me!
While waiting for my manicure today, I used the restroom. I saw that the TP was put on the roll in the “under” position; my family is an “over” family. It took restraint for me not to switch it, but I left it as it was.
Returned to the restroom after my appointment to find that someone didn’t have my restraint; the roll had been reversed! ![]()
Iowa has had a girls state basketball tournament since 1920. 107 tournaments! I have so enjoyed watching the clips on the news this week, how the stands have lots of fans and how the high school boys go and support their female classmates.
On Maui, they celebrate “aloha Friday” in many ways (example, newscasters and bank tellers all wear Hawaiian shirts and leis), another being night parties in various towns around the island - First Friday’s are in Wailuku, Second in Lahaina, Third are in Makawao, and Fourth in Kihei. These are fun and vibrant night markets.
Last night in Wailuku, we were treated to live music, dance, local vendors with crafts, homemade food, food trucks, arts and crafts and more. I ate a delicious homemade mushroom and cheese empanada, bought a loaf of one of the best chocolate chip banana bread I have ever had (baked by a young teen who was delighted to let me know she bakes with butter vs margarine YES!), bought a few handmade trinkets from a local group of entrepreneurs that are kids, and a couple of homemade items from a local shop that is supporting young adults with developmental disabilities who are learning to be self sufficient (their motto, ‘I love you, I support you’), I found a local vendor (Unconquered Hawaii) that had some incredible activewear, with their own traditional Hawaii inspired artwork, leggings, shorts, and a pullover that was so incredible. Alas I couldn’t make the pullover work for me but I splurged on these leggings - OMG! The fabric is lush and has enough (but not too much) compression. So well made as well - these leggings make me feel like a million bucks!
Yay - I finally found a present my son wants for his 30th bday. It’s shorts that are silly (but expensive - Lulu), but I found them on my own, and he said yes. You’d have to know my son to understand that’s quite a big deal :).
I don’t usually pay attention to gas prices.
Because I was traveling on Monday, I know I paid $2.99/gallon
On Saturday my husband needed gas. I pumped, paid $3.39/gallon
Today, Sunday, gas was $3.59!
![]()
Right now my daughter’s rent check and new driver’s license both appear to be lost in the mail (USPS). I know there was a blizzard, but these things should have arrived before then.
Sitting on the beach at the lake couple of blocks from the house. A bald eagle swooped down and grabbed a fish out of the water right in front of us. Like 25 feet or less. Huge, impressive bird! And so handsome!
My state Ohio, is #2 in the country for gas price increase, up an average of 66cents per gallon in the last week.
Making us great again? ![]()
Whine:
I asked you if you could do a simple task for me - two screws worth. Could you not just handle that on your own without me having to be involved?! I feel like I have to carry mental load for every-single-task. Every little task is such a big production. ![]()
Also, STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR. After 44 years of marriage you still do not understand that I am sound sensitive and the anxiety it creates. ![]()
Gas today Monday, $3.69
I wonder what tomorrow will bring
For anyone watching season 4 of Dark Winds. I can tell you the exact location to the block where the exteriors were shot for the most recent episode.
HINT: it’s not LA.
Wonderful (NOT!) Just got a call from my local pharmacy. There is nation-wide shortage of levothyroxine. They don’t know when/if a new supply of these drugs will be available. However, I can get brand name version instead of the generic. Cost for 3 months of the generic: $9. Cost for 3 months of the brand name: $60.
![]()

