Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

If you’re really going to be so bold as to ask us to help fund your “mission trip” to X for several years, you should at least be able to get my name right. You don’t get to arbitrarily decide my name for me.


Really, I know it shouldn’t bother me so much that your family insists on changing my last name to yours, but it really does. I wish they would stop. They know my wishes and they know my name. The fact that they don’t accept it is irrelevant.

Just so sad. I wish I could hug you and let you know that we never valued your mother over you.

I should be excited about taking you to Accepted Students Day and the honors program dinner, but it’s hard since I took your brother for the same events in 2010 with such high hopes. I’m glad he’s stable, but I doubt he will finish college. :frowning:

It looks like the event was a success , at least if measured by the attendance. I hope it makes in impact and that this is the beginning of an upward trend in your healing and recovery .

Must. Not. Engage.

It is so difficult to keep plugging on when there are so many projects on-going and none of them seem to have made progress since last fall. I want to quit so badly and I’m one of the most determined people I know. Please, please, please let something close and move to completion.

When did Easter baskets become Christmas stockings ?

Ok–so now I am annoyed. But I know you fight your own passivity and must feel caught between obligations today.
All we needed was a text begging off–instead our family has waited about 2 hours for you and have cancelled the dinner reservations made in your honor.
You are lonely, passive, and so on.
So all will be ok because I love you.

She is barely able to sign her name these days - how on earth do you think she will be able to cut, paste, and paint?

Writing essay in3rd language is hard

I want to explain this to you, but you can’t take even a hint of criticism without exploding.

I’m not willing to face that right now, or maybe ever.
So what do I do now - just leave you confused and hurt?

The theater was empty-- literally empty except for us…so why did you have to sit right behind us, bump our chairs, put your feet on our armrests and make so much noise while eating your popcorn?

Wow, nothing like the death of a parent’s 50 year friend to drive home the point that time is marching on - for all of us :frowning:

Obviously not your first choice – but, a match is a match!!

After a year of not wearing any earings I thought I would have to get them repeirced. Well, well, well. The earings went through this time and they are staying on. After months of trying I swore they were closed.

You told him what? Just after I asked you not to share MY information.
You took care of your own need to give him an answer instead of waiting and talking to me.
Do you really think he expected an answer 10 minutes after he asked you to do an activity 6 days away?
I am heartbroken. I cannot trust you.

I know you’re tired. But you’ve been off since Thursday and in spite of what you’ve said every d**n day, the yardwork still isn’t done. You’ve been to the gym once to sit in the whirlpool. What exactly are you doing while I’m at work? Because it’s nothing that helps the household function properly.

Very relieved that wifi is available on some international flights and that my bored husband paid for it today on his flight home from Europe. I know he is safe

This is when I worry so much about S who is studying in Europe and is supposed to be traveling today.

So how come your wants trump mine every time? I’m getting tired of this.