Scholarships for rising undergraduate sophomores?

<p>My institution lowered my financial aid package and I am looking for other sources of aid. I know most scholarships are for incoming freshmen but are there any major ones for current undergrads as well? I currently have a 4.0 GPA and am involved in a number of activities so I may have a shot at merit scholarships as well.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>There are very few scholarships for rising sophs. After high school seniors, the next largest category for scholarships is for rising college seniors, and those often are given by individual colleges or by professional organizations and companies looking to support students in certain majors.</p>

<p>Did JHU lower your FA because of an increase in family income or assets?</p>

<p>How much do you need?</p>

<p>Does your FA package include fed student loans? If so, how much?</p>

<p>Does JHU promise to meet need?</p>

<p>I only got loans and work study (I had a pell grant the year before, which they took away) but didn't take the loans. My family's income did increase a little which knocked us out of the pell grant eligibility range. </p>

<p>We received very little aid freshmen year because I turned in my forms late (grave error on my part), but my parents said they had saved enough to pay the full price, although it is very hard on us - so technically I'm not sure if we actually qualify for any need since we can pay without taking out loans. So I guess I should be looking for merit scholarships instead?I think the tylenol scholarship is for rising juniors so I can try for that next year, but I don't know of any others.</p>