Scholarships? MIT/WUSTL/GIT/UIUC...

<p>Here I am... I've lurked for quite some time and posted a few times, and now I've finally created a chances thread. MIT is the outlier in my list, in that it's the only school over 6 hours away; it would be incredible to attend, but is unlikely for a few reasons.
What I'm really looking for here are not only chances, but also ball-parked projections of how much merit aid I could possibly get from these schools. For example, how much merit aid could I expect to get from Georgia Tech or Illinois or Bama? Any suggestions will be graciously accepted (though schools within ~6 hours of Memphis are preferable.)</p>

<p>Schools:
-MIT
-UIUC
-Georgia Tech
-Washington U. St. Louis
-Vanderbilt
-The University of Tennessee
-University of Alabama
-Mississippi St. University</p>

<p>White male, Tennessee
Small, very rural private school outside of Memphis.</p>

<p>Intended Major: Computer Science
Weighted GPA: 4.55 (beginning of Jr. year, likely higher now)
Unweighted GPA: 4.0

<p>SAT: 2240 (780R/720M/740W)
ACT: 34 (34R/34S/34E/32M/9W) Retaking next week.
SAT Subjects: 780 BioM, 750 MathII</p>

<p>APs: Bio - 5 hopefully
US History, Calc AB, and English Lit. next year.</p>

<p>Junior Schedule:
-AP Bio
-English 11 Honors
-Spanish 11 Honors
-Dual-Credit Algebra (Precal Honors 2nd semester)
-Government/Economics
-Band</p>

<p>Senior Schedule:
-AP English
-APUSH
-AP Calc AB
-Physics
-Personal Finance
-Band</p>

<p>Clubs/Organizations:
-National Honor Society (now Vice President)
-Student Government Association
-Spanish Club (Vice President)
-Mu Alpha Theta
-Ecology Club ("Artistic Director") </p>

<p>EC's:
-Marching Band/Wind Ensemble: Section Leader (2007-2008), Drum Major (2009)
-Varsity Men's Soccer (Defender/Striker, Starter) (2010)</p>

<p>Service:
-Volunteered in successful State Senate campaign (data entry and the like) (~14 hours)
-Special Olympics Polar Bear Plunge
-Special Olympics City Basketball Tournament (~8 hours)
-Band Hall Renovation (~30 hours)
-Relay for Life Team Captain (~50 hours)</p>

<p>Awards:
-All-West TN, All-State Saxophone
-Attended 2009 TN Governor's School for the Arts for Music (Month-long residential program to which each student accepted receives a full scholarship. We essentially lived like music majors for a month at Middle Tennessee State University, studying with professors from around the country. Four saxophonists from around the state were accepted.)
-Commercial Appeal (Memphis Newspaper) Academic All-Star (Half-page insert in the paper, basically with a paragraph about some of the things I've done. Several of these are awarded each year in a few different categories.)
-Band "Woodwind of the Year" (3 times) and Leadership awards (Awards voted on by band students at my school)
-Various Wins/Places at regional math competitions</p>

<p>I haven't thought too deeply about essays or recs yet, to be honest. </p>

<p>Any advice, suggestion, etc. is very much appreciated, and I will definitely chance you back. I know that math is clearly my weakest academic point, which is killer as I want to study computer science. However, I am confident that I will be able to step up and be competitive in any class in which I may enroll. How badly will my lower math scores on ACT/SAT hurt me?</p>

<p>You have a focused interest in music, which is good. Your SAT scores are by no means bad, but math should be higher if you want to major in an area like CS (as you said). Can you retake the SATs? Aim for 760+ in math. Your Math II score is extremely weak, given the curve on the exam.</p>

<p>PS - Why not CMU to your list? It's amazing in CS and is within 6 hours from TN (I think, I suck at geography lol).</p>