Student body governemnt - treasurer</p>

<p>Venture Scholar
Who's Who Among American High School Students
High Honor Roll each year
Honorable mention - National Spanish Exam
National Honor Roll
National Society of High School Scholars
National Achievement</p>

<p>Michigan actively recruits African Americans and you are a great student who could get into Michigan even if you were not an URM, so you are looking good. Your ACT is a little strong than your SAT. In fact, your ACT is good enough to have you considered for the Honor's college. As for scholarships, call the office of Fianancial aid and ask questions. Their number is (734) 763-6600. I know one of the scholraships is called the Michigan Scholar Award. It is intended for non-Michigan residents that are, like yourself, URM. I believe they are worth $4,000/academic year. There is also the Dr. Sidney and Irene Shipman Scholarships which can pay most of the costs of your education...but that is much tougher to get.</p>

<p>Anyway, contact the OFA and ask questions...and keep us posted.</p>

<p>I sent out my application September 29. When do you think I will get a decision?</p>

<p>You should get your answer from Michigan around Thanks Giving. Sometime in the second half of November.</p>

<p>I just got my decision in the mail today: I got in. I guess it didnt take as long as I thought it would.</p>

<p>Well done! I am not surprised really, but it is always a relief. Let us know what you decide and good luck with the rest of your applications. But I hope you end up a Wolverine!!!</p>

<p>They didnt mention anything about scholarships or the honors program. Does that mean I didnt get either of them?</p>

<p>I believe Michigan handles honors and financial aid seprately from initial admissions. Now that you have been admitted, they will look into considering you for both honrs and financial aid. I think you will definitely get admitted into the honors program. Aid is certainly a possibility too. But, leave nothing to chance Stan. Do not depend on anyone but yourself. Call the university and get to the bottom of all this yourself. And of course, keep us posted.</p>

<p>I just sent an email to the honors program for them to consider me. What should I do for merit scholarships? Should I wait?</p>

<p>Do not wait Stan. Contact the university and ask if there is anything you can do or if there is any additional information they require from you.They may simply tell you that your case will be reviewed and that they will contact you if there is anything. They may ask you to call somebody or fill a form. Who knows? But at least make sure you do everything you can.</p>