Schools for me

<p>I am a male Senior. I don't have much help at home as far as picking out schools and I don't want to overlook any good schools.</p>

<p>Ethnicity- Hispanic
State- NH
Major- Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics.</p>

<p>GPA- 3.4 (should rise)
SAT- 2070
730 CR 750 M 590 W, 1480 CR+M
ACT- 31
AP Tests-
Calc AB (5)
Calc BC
Chemistry
Physics
Spanish</p>

<p>Other-
4 Years High School Soccer (2 Varsity)
2nd Place Western New England College Engineering Competition (2010)
National Hispanic Recognition (PSAT 2010)
National Merit Commended Student (PSAT 2010)
~15 hrs Volunteer work</p>

<p>Schools-
Already have: Northeastern, BU, Cornell, UNH, Wentworth, RIT, RPI, UConn, Drexel
not sure what is a reach/match/safety for the most part</p>

<p>I hope the great CC community can help me out. Thank You.</p>

<p>Do you want to stay near the East Coast?
What are your family's financial aid requirements if any?</p>

<p>outside your geographic area but UAB will give you a full ride for national hispanic scholar Strong school for sciences Urban campus, 11K undergrads, urban campus...wonderful sci/tech honors program. accredited engineering programs.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.uab.edu/chemistry/education-training/undergraduate%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.uab.edu/chemistry/education-training/undergraduate&lt;/a> has honors track, scholars program, ... great forensic chemistry track</p>

<p>UAB</a> - Departments & Research</p>

<p>University</a> of Alabama at Birmingham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
uab.edu </p>

<p>UAB is a destination for academically talented students, and we love to reward your hard work. We recognize National Merit Finalists, National Achievement Finalists, and National Hispanic Scholars with the following scholarship, which is renewable for four years. The details:</p>

<p>Full tuition, required fees, and housing (up to 15 credit hours per semester) for a total of eight semesters (fall and spring)
A one-time $2,500 stipend to be used for experiential learning (Study Away, internships, co-ops, etc.)

Students receiving UAB merit-based scholarships are required to live on campus for their first year of enrollment. (Which is a very good place to live. Check out our swank, conveniently located residence halls.) For more information, review the Freshman Scholarship Residency Policy. </p>

<p>Once you’ve been admitted to UAB, simply do the following to claim your scholarship:
National Merit Finalists: Name UAB your first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation; the paperwork for this should be included with your finalist letter. They’ll then send us your name, and we will award your scholarship. Yes, it's really that easy.</p>

<p>National Achievement Finalists and National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars: Fax or mail us a copy of your Finalist letter and/or your Finalist certificate, and we’ll award your scholarship:
Coordinator of Undergraduate Scholarships
HUC 317
1530 3rd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294</p>

<p>Science and Technology Honors Program
The Science and Technology Honors Program, otherwise known as Sci-Tech Honors or S&T Honors, is UAB’s research based honors program. This program prepares students for research careers and graduate school by connecting them with labs and mentors in their undergraduate years.
The first two years of the program focus primarily on teaching the methodologies and techniques used in scientific research, while the last two years are spent on developing the student’s Honors Thesis, consisting of an individual research project and report that will be submitted for publication.
The program also encourages collaboration amongst students and boasts its tight-knit learning community, which is facilitated by numerous program meetings, activities, and summer retreats. In order to promote these ideas, the program only accepts a maximum of 50 students each year. The minimum requirements for application are a 3.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and an ACT or SAT score at or above the 90th percentile in math and science. However, all applications are individually reviewed and there is no definite cut-off based on ACT or SAT scores.</p>

<p>Near the East Coast would be nice, but not necessary.
Hoping for somewhere that I can get lots of financial aid, but not limiting myself because of it yet.</p>

<p>if you dont have hispanic scholar designation then you qualify for blazer elite scholarship which is 15K per year for 4 years....cost of attendance for out of state student is 20-24K... so about 5-9K out of pocket (or financial need based aid)
OOS Merit awards
Blazer Elite Scholarship
$15,000
Based on academic achievement (28-36 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
Blazer Gold Scholarship
$10,000
Based on academic achievement (26-27 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
Blazer Pride Scholarship
$5,000
Based on academic achievement (24-25 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)</p>

<p>easy app, no essay,(there is a short essay for honors app) rolling admissions...earlier the better to apply...dec 1 deadline</p>

<p>Rose-Hulman, Case Western, Southern Poly State (GA)?</p>