Schools known for good Linguistics/Spanish/Japanese departments?

<p>Do you guys know of any schools that are known for having a good linguistics, spanish, and/or japanese department? those are the 3 areas taht i'm 80% sure that i want to concentrate in in college (obviously i'm not going to major in all three though) and was wondering which schools would offer me the best education</p>

<p>thanks :)</p>

<p>Any other preferences. . .school size, location?</p>

<p>Middlebury, Pomona, and U of Chicago have top-notch modern language/linguistics programs; Earlham in Indiana has a strong program in Japanese. </p>

<p>But like reidm said, it's a good idea to post other preferences like size, location, type of school (LAC or research institution), etc. to find the best fit.</p>

<p>anywhere on the west or east coast. not a huge fan of the mid west necessarily unless it's in a large city like chicago. i would prefer smaller schools but i'm open to anything.</p>

<p>so:
west or east coast, maybe chicago area
prefer smaller school, larger school is alright too
prefer LAC, but research institution alright too</p>

<p>i'm pretty flexible, maybe too flexible, lol</p>

<p>thanks for the help already</p>

<p>anyone have any ideas?</p>

<p>Georgetown University has very good linguistics and languages departments, too.</p>

<p>Yeah, I was going to say Georgetown as well. ;)</p>

<p>gosh. people always steal my answers before I get here. darnit</p>

<p>Dickinson in PA also has a strong language program. Beloit in Wisconsin is another good choice for languages.</p>

<p>Earlham in Indiana is quite strong in these areas, as is Oberlin.</p>