Screwed before even starting college

<p>I just found out that med schools look at ALL college courses, whether they were taken in high school or after. I took 2 (3-credit) classes at community college, in high school and I got an A in one course, and a B in another. Does this mean I've already set myself up for a 3.5GPA???</p>

<p>Yes, those co-enrollment course count when AMCAS recalculates your GPA. Yes, you currently have a 3.5 GPA, but you will be earning 120 or more additional college credits between now and the time you graduate from college. That gives you plenty of opportunities to improve your GPA. It's much too soon to start freaking out it.</p>

<p>Does this mean I've already set myself up for a 3.5GPA???</p>

<p>========</p>

<p>Well, only if you plan on ONLY taking those two classes.</p>

<p>Don't you know how GPA works? It's based on ALL college courses....not just TWO. </p>

<p>By the time you graduate, you'll have 120 plus credits....not just the 6 you've already took.</p>

<p>If you were to get A's in all the rest of your classes, how the heck could you have a 3.5 GPA???? Think about it.</p>

<p>Which means I can only have a 3.976 as the highest gpa now</p>

<p>the problem OP, is in the title of this thread. When you enrolled at a juco, you "started" college. Perhaps it was early, but it was "college". All grades count for grad schools. All college grades count for your resume. Why? Well, because they are "college".</p>

<p>If you don't get into med school, I can guarantee you that it's not because of those 0.025 GPA points. Chill out and focus on doing well in college.</p>

<p>a 3.9+ will be more than high enough OP.</p>

<p>I was just upset becuase I was going to do engineering + pre-med, and I can't afford to get any extra B's</p>

<p>Any extra B's? </p>

<p>right now, you only have ONE B. If you were to get 2 more, your GPA would still be high.</p>

<p>And....I don't think eng'g classes aren't counted in the BCMP GPA....only the cum GPA. Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but since they're not B C M or P....I don't know why they would.</p>

<p>Also...eng'g degrees typically require 6 - 10 more credits to graduate, so any B's would be further diluted by the additional classes that you take.</p>

<p>What does BCMP Stand for?</p>

<p>biology, chemistry, math, physics</p>

<p>yodelo quote:</p>

<p>Which means I can only have a 3.976 as the highest gpa now</p>

<p>===========</p>

<p>Oh my....then stick a fork in it; you're done.</p>

<p>What are you thinking??? Are you thinking that only 4.0 GPA applicants get accepted to SOMs??? Frankly, your GPA may not end up even being that high since even an A- drops the GPA.</p>