Second language?

<p>how many second language classes do I need to have a shot? i’m a junior and planned to take 2 next year because I was told by my counceler that I only needed two and now I’m hearing I need 4? I couldn’t take them earlier because of AP courses and as football captain I’m required to take 2 weightlifting classes each year. I have a 4.7 GPA and solid SATs, but it is physically impossible for me to take 4 languages. I could take 3 by taking one online over the summer. Is this necessary?</p>

<p>Please help any advice would be much appreciated</p>

<p>3 its probably necessary. 4 is not required b/c i got in without 4, but i did take 3. you should try to take 3…</p>

<p>Ok thanks a lot since you’ve been through it</p>

<p>I got in with only two, but they are college level. I go to a middle college and I didn’t have an opportunity to take my 2 Spanishes until now (my senior year). You can get away with 2, but you’ll need strong ec’s SAT scores, and a challenging schedule.</p>

<p>I took two Spanish classes and an online Latin course over the summer. I took Latin before Spanish, so when they said “conjugation,” I had no idea what they meant… and ended up getting a D. It wasn’t worth it for me (killed my GPA), but it will show some extra effort on your part if you do well.</p>

<p>and I got into UNC.</p>