self-studied AP's senior year

<p>How would colleges know you self-studied AP classes senior year if the AP exam scores don't come out until after decisions are made?</p>

<p>They won't unless you tell them.</p>

<p>@silver turtle
Since colleges can't drop you for poor performance on AP exams, couldn't students just say that they are studying many AP's on their own.</p>

<p>^ It might be helpful to get a counselor to verify it for you in a recommendation letter.</p>

<p>
[quote]
couldn't students just say that they are studying many AP's on their own.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes, so the point is that self-studying APs sr year isn't going to have an impact on college admissions decisions. If you want to self-study in order to take the tests for placement purposes, that's another matter.</p>

<p>Well, if in your curriculum, you said you took AP chemistry, and you later said you self-studied AP chemistry, I doubt an admissions officer would find that convincing.</p>

<p>I self-studied the econs in 10th and 11th grades, and I think my AP scores were useful for demonstrating to colleges that I was really interested in the subject and was motivated to learn more than was expected by my school.
However, I don't think the schools ever knew or cared that I took the AP Euro exam on a whim senior year.</p>